I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

My bass is crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zoostation65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice setup, Fonto ... Where did u get those cool grilles?
Old 07-06-2004
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Partsexpress.com
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
hey, dont worry about your install too much, its more of a clinic than a competition, I went with literally half a trunk. raw fiberglass everywhere, if you stuck a body in teh trunk and drove around youd have gotten SO cut up by all the pointy unfinished fiberglass.

my wiring was a wreck. a total cluster**** of disorganizatrion.

I had my stock battery in the back with NO battery up front (automatic -5 points for not having a sealed chamber for the battery inside the vehicle.)

my kickpanels were not bolted down.

I was running DD mids, vifa tweets, koda midbass, and THREE tempests for SQ, powered entirely by hifonics. my main competition was running TRU amps, had an IDmax 10, Nd8's for midbass, I dont remember his set, probbaly something like eurosports though, and an install that was bare MDF.

I won by three points. so you can totally have a halfassed install and take home a trophy, but more importantly, youll have the most solid advice on your stereo you could possibly get (unless someone like leon or eng sat in your car and gave you meaninful advice)
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
BTW can you give me some info about the time and location of this show? my vacation plans fell through so I may want to road trip out a bit and give my GPS a bigger run for its money
Old 07-06-2004
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
NSPL link

I found out about the event from a post that SPLRanger00 posted on Elite. The event is on August 7 in Moreno Valley...I have no idea where that is, but I heard it is about 2 hours inland from me in San Bernadino county (prolly near the 15 freeway). SPLRanger is supposed to post more information about the event as it approaches.
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
the new meters are brutal.. My friend went from hitting 152 to 144 with the new mics.. My personal best when I had my civic was with 2 Audiomobile EVO-R 12's off a Memphis St1500D with my 160amp alternator and I cranked a 151.8, very minimal windshielf flex though because my car allready had 2 layers of Brown Bread on every square inch of sheetmetal (except firewall)
Old 07-07-2004
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i just might have to go out and support my boy...
whiterabbit if you go, that'd be f*ckin awesome too. i'd have to try and make it for sure than
Old 07-07-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
(unless someone like leon or eng sat in your car and gave you meaninful advice)
sir, they dont know who leon and eng are...
i do, but they dont
Old 07-07-2004
The LA Clipper

Originally Posted by VNlilMAN
whiterabbit if you go, that'd be f*ckin awesome too. i'd have to try and make it for sure than
man, i dunno if i can still go...it sounds like dudes in Socal are gonna bring their shot guns and bloodhounds to hunt my a$$ down and take out my "gay a$$ system"

...either that or it is gonna be like one of those cheesy '80s movies like the Karate Kid or RAD, where they are the bad guys who cheat and play dirty to take the good guy down, but the good guy prevails!
Old 07-07-2004
The LA Clipper

Originally Posted by VNlilMAN

...but yeah, i would love all the postive support I can get....that way i won't back out. It would be great if Whiterabbit came too...as long as he doesn't enter my division and slam me
Old 07-07-2004
Diamond Member

Free2Rhyme26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fonto
look at the magnet. sweet christ
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
Nyce setup...i only got one amp pushin my Pioneer Premier TS-W2000...i need to get another Hifonics Brutus amp so I can POUND and make my car bunny hop haha...nyce setup tho man!
Old 07-08-2004
The LA Clipper

Thanks man
Old 07-08-2004
Diamond Member

Free2Rhyme26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PaCiFiKbAllA
nyce setup tho man!
word
Old 08-05-2004
Registered!!

dooma is an unknown quantity at this point
So what systems y'all running to blow ure roof of cos i cant say my 2x12" Alpine Type-Rs running of an Alpine MRD-M1000 amp (yes 1000W RMS) are as loud as i expected....In fact i swear my old kenwood running off a 300w mac audio amp was louder but that was in a little ek hatch

Whats goin on with mine....I want flexage! Im not sure if ive go all my eqs set properly at any rate, should i play with both EQs on the head and on the amp or one or the other.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2004
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Aye!
Old 08-05-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dooma
So what systems y'all running to blow ure roof of cos i cant say my 2x12" Alpine Type-Rs running of an Alpine MRD-M1000 amp (yes 1000W RMS) are as loud as i expected....In fact i swear my old kenwood running off a 300w mac audio amp was louder but that was in a little ek hatch

Whats goin on with mine....I want flexage! Im not sure if ive go all my eqs set properly at any rate, should i play with both EQs on the head and on the amp or one or the other.

Thanks
Try setting your LP filter around 60 and your Q relatively narrow, center freq. around 45 hz and boost it about 6-10 dB. 24 dB slope in the LP filter. (i'm pretty sure the M1000 has these options)
Old 08-05-2004
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
your amp's EQ's are gonna be steeper than the HU's, i can all but guarantee. leave the HU at all frequencies, and set the m-1000. personnally, i hated the m-1000's all digital controls, they really dissapointted me for the $ i spent on the amp. good luck