I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Finished install *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Finished install *pics*

After a very long week of after work labour, I finally completed the finishing work on my install. Took a lot of work but I fought through the fatigue, and I am very satisfied with the end result.

A couple of things that you can't see in the pic are the rest of the panels that wrap around my box, making my whole trunk black. You also can't see the system I devised for removing my spare tire, but I am keeping that one a secret

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think

BTW, the car is an 04 LX coupe

Amp, subs and mounted PG logo. My lone dB Drag trophy is on the right, hopefully I will have a few more (bigger ones) soon.

Amp and cap mounted on the side of my box. Kinda dark but you get the idea

My line driver, mounted just behind my rear seat on one of the panels that I made

The top of my cap. Not a particularly special pic but it gives you an idea how clean the wiring is. I covered everything in black loom to make it all look real nice, and it turned out fairly well.

Wider pic of my line driver and cap taken from inside my car

Another good pic of my subs, logo and lonely trophy

Pic of the inside of my car. It's really hard to take a good pic when your interior is totally black, but I tried my best and will get a better one some day when I am outside and there is more light.

Well there you go, let me know what you think and send me any suggestions that you have.
Old 05-28-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
if i were you, next comp you go to, try it without a cap, i wouldnt be surprised if you metered higher

aaaaaaaaalso
why would you be a **** like that and say you devised a way to get to your spare, and not tell anyone. if everyone acted like that, then the forum would be useless. its about spreading the knowledge, not being a secretive elitist
Old 05-29-2004
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tom1178 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LudlamTheory
aaaaaaaaalso
why would you be a **** like that and say you devised a way to get to your spare, and not tell anyone. if everyone acted like that, then the forum would be useless. its about spreading the knowledge, not being a secretive elitist
i think i know how he's able to get to the spare tire, maybe it's sitting on the back seat of his ride, he didn't post any pics of the back seat so we'll never know!

Nice install, excellent pics from a variety of angles, i wish i wasn't so lazy as to never take pics of my car. Had a digital cam for over a yr and still have never gotten around to it.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

7thgencivic9 is an unknown quantity at this point
what is a line driver?
Old 05-29-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
nice very good job my friend at school as a sic setup in his 01 lx
Old 05-29-2004

Originally Posted by Tom1178
i think i know how he's able to get to the spare tire, maybe it's sitting on the back seat of his ride, he didn't post any pics of the back seat so we'll never know!
even if it is something he came out with, i highly doubt its something innovative that would make us drop jaws.

you wann get interesting? make the bottom of the spare tire well on some sort of sealed/hinged panel so you can access it from under

if i know how to weld better, and if i had a welder, id probably cut out the whole tire well, replace it with a nice big flat piece of 1/4" thick sheet metal, and create a separate spare tire mounting system from the bottom like you sometimes see on pickups. now THAT would be cool.
Old 05-29-2004

Originally Posted by 7thgencivic9
what is a line driver?
a line driver takes your radio's ouput signal and boosts the voltage, driving the line voltage up, ergo we call it a line driver.

line drivers have their place in both the spl competition world and the sound quality world.

for spl, you use it so you cn drive the mp into clipping further than you could before. clipping sounds like utter crap, but its louder

for sound quality, it drives the voltage up higher, so your gain **** can be turned down lower, thereby reducing the level of the noise that is radiated into the signal cables.
Old 05-29-2004
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
if i were you, next comp you go to, try it without a cap, i wouldnt be surprised if you metered higher

aaaaaaaaalso
Sorry my reasons for keeping it a secret are that it ties in with my mounting solution so that nobody can rip it out. I am very paranoid about having my gear ripped off given the high crime rate in my city, but if you want to know:

I made 2 pieces, a platform for my box to sit on which it is screwed to underneath, and another piece comprising of 3 small pieces of MDF screwed together. The 3-piece piece is bolted to the little hump behind the back seat and there is a hinge on that piece connecting it to the platform that my box is sitting on. When the box is secured to the platform, it is completely secure, can't be ripped out, at least not without some extreme effort.

When you want to take the spare tire out, you take out that board with the PG logo (just lifts out), tilt the box up (pretty heavy but it works), prop it up somehow (haven't figured that out yet), and out she comes.

Happy now? Am I still a ****? :P
Old 05-29-2004
Banned

a line driver takes your radio's ouput signal and boosts the voltage, driving the line voltage up, ergo we call it a line driver.

line drivers have their place in both the spl competition world and the sound quality world.

for spl, you use it so you cn drive the mp into clipping further than you could before. clipping sounds like utter crap, but its louder

for sound quality, it drives the voltage up higher, so your gain **** can be turned down lower, thereby reducing the level of the noise that is radiated into the signal cables.
In all aspects of car audio it lowers your signal level. When you have a very low signal voltage, a certain fraction of that is unusuable noise. When you raise the voltage to say 4v which is what most good decks have, you have a wider range for music, but the noise still remains.

Using a line driver to boost that voltage to 7-15v, you almost eliminate that noise entirely. By having such a strong signal, the musical signal to put it simply overpowers the noise, and you get a much cleaner sound.
Old 05-29-2004

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Sorry my reasons for keeping it a secret are that it ties in with my mounting solution so that nobody can rip it out. I am very paranoid about having my gear ripped off given the high crime rate in my city, but if you want to know:

I made 2 pieces, a platform for my box to sit on which it is screwed to underneath, and another piece comprising of 3 small pieces of MDF screwed together. The 3-piece piece is bolted to the little hump behind the back seat and there is a hinge on that piece connecting it to the platform that my box is sitting on. When the box is secured to the platform, it is completely secure, can't be ripped out, at least not without some extreme effort.

When you want to take the spare tire out, you take out that board with the PG logo (just lifts out), tilt the box up (pretty heavy but it works), prop it up somehow (haven't figured that out yet), and out she comes.

Happy now? Am I still a ****? :P
i wasnt calling you a ****, nor did i care how i did it. What was ****ish was you saying you had a method, and then not sharing it. if youre really of so paranoid about it, then just dont mention its existance altogether
Old 05-29-2004
Banned

Ya no worries though, it's shared now so it's all good

Don't mean to make any enemies on here
Old 05-29-2004

i have a tendency to make enemies on here, not on purpose, but just because i like being very blunt
Old 05-29-2004
Banned

mmmmm blunt

If you lived in my city you'd understand my reasoning for not wanting to post info on how my gear is mounted. It's not so bad posting randomly on here cuz I don't think too many are from my area, but on other forums I wouldn't because many people know that I go by MegaHurtz.

I didn't even take any in progress pics of how I built it for that reason as well. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I think it's warranted.
Old 05-29-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
even if it is something he came out with, i highly doubt its something innovative that would make us drop jaws.

you wann get interesting? make the bottom of the spare tire well on some sort of sealed/hinged panel so you can access it from under

if i know how to weld better, and if i had a welder, id probably cut out the whole tire well, replace it with a nice big flat piece of 1/4" thick sheet metal, and create a separate spare tire mounting system from the bottom like you sometimes see on pickups. now THAT would be cool.
mine was on a truck spare thing for a while. With a kit and all, who wants to struggle to get under there when you relocate the spare under the car to remove a wing nut. not me, i just modified the truck spare system a little, and made it invisible to the nekkid eye. spare's not under there anymore though, cause I took my amps out of the spare well. its back in the trunk now. but it is possible to get it on the truck wire under the car. my dad helped a lot though, he was a body work guy before being disabled, so he was still able to drop some knowledge on me. o, and that truck system is still under there, should I need it again. i like your method though, plastic bag on the back seat (or do you still got it like that?)
Old 05-30-2004

yup... still got the plastic bag
Old 05-30-2004

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
mmmmm blunt

If you lived in my city you'd understand my reasoning for not wanting to post info on how my gear is mounted. It's not so bad posting randomly on here cuz I don't think too many are from my area, but on other forums I wouldn't because many people know that I go by MegaHurtz.

I didn't even take any in progress pics of how I built it for that reason as well. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I think it's warranted.

my friend, i do understand. i live in the city with the number 1 car theft rating in the country
Old 05-30-2004
Banned

Just thought I'd announce that I brought home another trophy today.

Took third in my class against some really tough competition, my trophy was decided by a tiebreaker, and even then it was only .1 db difference