I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Removing factory cd player and installing amp.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ponyman is on a distinguished road
right????

IBTD
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkil5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need to take out my cd player and i cannot figure it out. I dont have a instruction manual for my 2001 EX Civic Coupe, but I dont see how you'd just rip it out. But once i get it out i need to install an amp. How would i install the amp, I am assuming that since i would be installing to a factory cd player that i would not use the RCA jacks, so i would need to use the four wire one (I have a 200Watt MTX amp and i came with this little four wire thing that you plug into it to install with if you dont use RCA, i dont know what it is called)? And how do i use these and will there be a wire for the REM wire or where do i install it? I installed this in my old car, but it had an aftermarket CD player and was easily done, i just need to know how to get the deck out, how to use the four wire setup and where to put the REM wire.
thanks

That was my original post. I was posting and then it said the page cannot be displayed, twice so i redid it, and then i looked and the topic was posted but the message did not make it, i do not know what happened, but sorry for the mishap. i looked to remove the topic but i could not find it. didn't mean to have multiple posts.