I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

pics of clifford avantguard 5....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
pics of clifford avantguard 5....

for those you dont know, this is cliffords top of the line alarm/remote start. i've heard it costs $1500 installed, so i just had to have one i traded someone on another forum a camera and some cash for it, and i think i got a good deal.
but after i saw what it packed, i got freaked out, i never saw so many wires, anyone wanna help install this beast?

pics:
http://www.slickssite.com/av5box.jpg
http://www.slickssite.com/av5boxopen.jpg
http://www.slickssite.com/av5ownpack.jpg
http://www.slickssite.com/av5content.jpg
http://www.slickssite.com/av5remote.jpg
Old 04-27-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
wuts special about this model? i dunno much bout them...all i know is i like the clifford matrix rs 3.5
Old 04-27-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
you should think about getting a back-up battery for it and another siren.
Old 04-27-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
bah, piece of cake, you should feel lucky that if you bought an alarm second hand it didnt come looking liek this:

get on the wire database and print out a copy of the wiring chart for our cars, itll be invaluble. next, go to your local neighborhood friendly shop and tell them you are installing an alarm and need to buy connetors, especailly a crapload of T-taps.

now go through your manual and find out where you need to hook up the alarm to what, and tag the wires. you do this using the t-taps trying to find clean locations. I should clarify. at no time do you ever have to do anything "clean". but if you dont, it will look like a cluster**** of wires when you are done:

this was my first shot at installation, you can see its a total mess. Im still terrible at installing alarms, it takes lots and lots and lots of practice to do it well.

anyways, once the wires are tagged, you find a location for the brain and start stringing wires to cut to length, and crimp on the male spade.

once youve got the wires at least cut to length, if not crimped, then you separate the wires that are all strung along the same pathways, and wrap the whole string in electrical tape. it makes it look "professional"

now you can take your wireharness to the car and ziptie it in place.

you cna put that little antenna in the a-pillar, but itll lose some range. works fine, but youll really gain range if you put it up behind the rearview mirror stuck to the windshield, where its supposed to be. ugly as hell, but itll work from miles away (figuritively)

shock sensor is ziptied to any old wireharness, its seriously that sensitive. its got a **** on it to adjsut sensitivity, basically when you are done installing it you shut the car up and arm it, then hit your car with a flat palm somewhere it wont dent till you set it off, the idea is to not have it so sensitive a gust of wind at 3 am wakes you up (of course you already know this) or more importantly, wakes ME up.

um... i think thats everything, this is by no means the end all for alarm installation, I have little formal training in alarm installation (prolly why it still looks like a cluster**** of wire when I install one) so if anyone wants to add anything to what ive said, feel free.

an extra battery is cool, extra siren, whatever, accessories are fun and cool. decide what you want out of it, THEN install it. If you install it, then later decide you want a proc sensor or extra battery or this or that, its a SUREfire way to make the isntall look absolutely awful. everything goes in at once, at the beginning, or it will look very very awful.
Old 04-27-2004
that little dude

you scared me WR

anyways, i got my local shop to do, they are my friends. i'll give them back my current alarm, code alarm 7600, and a little bit more money on top and call it a day.
btw, it has a proximity, omni, and shock sensor (siren is self powered to, so i dont see a need for another). extra battery might be a cool idea though.
Old 04-27-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
you can always hide a siren in the car, as well as one outside the car.
Old 04-27-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Pics don't work

I just got an Astra a777 2-way alarm. Considering this thing is more expensive it's probably a lot better, so I think you will be very pleased
Old 04-27-2004
that little dude

pics should work, i was uploading and deleting stuff earlier on the server, maybe thats why it didnt work.

whats an astra btw? is that a clifford alarm?