I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Problem with Key OFF items

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Problem with Key OFF items

Power door locks dont work with key off! Anyone got any suggestions? Or have a wiring diagram? Fuses all good, ive recently had an alarm system installed and seemed to work fine for some time. But now its seems that something on that Accessory circuit is messed up. Cause remote start dont work either I've noticed that the guage lights on the dash dont light up unless the key is on. Now far as i can remmeber they came on before without the key on. Dont want to take it to the alarm installer and have them say take it to the dealer. And then to the dealer and have them say take it to the alarm installer if ya know what i mean.

I cant seem to find any info on if there is something that is causing this issue between the door locks and the remote start. but it started at the same time.
Old 12-07-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
I have had the exact same problem. When the fuse for the alarm blew, the alarm went dead (of course) but it took out my power locks too, even the switches in teh car.

check yoru alarm fuse. Im curious about this one, because my alarm was an older model, i eventually blamed it on the age of the alarm and took it out, no problems since. but if it was actually an interface problem, and not with the alarm, id like to know cause ill ahve th esame problem when i install a new one.

but yeah, see if the alarm fuse is still in. if it is, try disconnecting the harness the power locks are wired into for the alarm and see if you get it back.

but i dont think its gonna be a dealership problem, its gotta be alarm or install thats messing with the whole thing.

and watch out for your tailights or interior lights to start doing funky things, thats what started to happen after this happened to me, and was the main reason i got sick of the whole thing and pulled it.
Old 12-07-2003
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx for the suggestions, ill look closer at the alarm for now see if it has an external fuse that i didnt see b4. It's a start anyway
Old 12-07-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
nope nope nope
its a fuse under the hood called "backup"
Old 12-07-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
stop messing with us, lud (insert bunny rabbit smiley here)
Old 12-08-2003
BLDNPSI Mod

LudlamTheory
nope nope nope its a fuse under the hood called "backup"

Thanx, dont i feel stupid now i'd swear i checked them ALL... haha