I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Why is music skipping for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaciv01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Why is music skipping for no reason

I asked a question here a couple weeks ago, but i have found new info out and need some more help. the problem is a few months ago, one of my friends put in a cd when the other one had not ejected. i took the deck (which is jvc kd-sx780) apart, and took the extra cd out. however, another problem occured and that is when the music reaches high levels with subs at high levels, the music starts to skip for no reason, whether its the cd or mp3. at times the words cut completely out and only the bass plays. i checked the wiring to the deck, but it all seemed good, but the skipping continued. and it can't be the front or rear speakers wiring because they play fine when i but all the music to the back or front. but when i play the music equally, at levels it should easily reach, it starts to skip....its getting really really frustrating..help me please, i'm starting to lose it
Old 11-20-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
Well... clean the laser on the cd player, thats something simple that has fixed things for me in the past. And dont take it apart to clean it, get a cd lense cleaner. If all your connections are fine (not a problem with the amps, etc....) Its possible its the deck, even if its something you can't physicaly see. Decks go bad sometimes dude, if you didn't take it apart I would ask about your warrenty. Then again it is also JVC *cough* so my best guess is to get a new deck, and on that note i recommend nothing other then Eclipse (they might not look the prettiest but the sound quailty and durability is amazing).