I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

underbody lighting question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buffmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
underbody lighting question

is there a way to wire it up so that it only turns on when the brakeslights are on? when i turn on and off my alarm, my brakelights blink a couple times and id like to have some underbody lights blink with them...anyone know if thats possible?
Old 10-03-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
it's possible!! i sen it before on someones vic where everytime he hit the brake the light came on but your prolly want a switch to turn that option on and off but don't ask me how to do it cause i have no clue!! lol
Old 10-03-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
it is very very possible, but also you gotta remember neons dont fire up instantly all the time, so it might look retarded
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
I have a gold series from street glow and they fire up right away all the time but I think it would be difficult to wire the underbody to your brake lights , you would just need to find a wire running to your brakes to tap, and the rest is really easy. It would turn on only when you used your brakes though, wouldn't you want them on all of the time? You might be able to run two different circuits, one with a switch and the other to a brake light but i am not sure.
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
When you turn your alarm on and off your parking lights are what are flashing. Did you want the neon to just flash when you use your alarm remote?

Leave your neon powered up the way it is and use 2 relays, 1 on the unlock wire and 1 on the lock wire from your alarm. Run the outputs of the relays to the power wire on your neons and they will flash when you arm and disarm your alarm, but your main switch for the neon will also still work.