I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Custom Sub Boxes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
superuserX is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Custom Sub Boxes?

Im looking to build a custom sub enclosure and amp enclosure for my 02 EX. I like a LOT of the designs i have found on this website but i won't to use my own creative side and come up with something a little different. But i would like some feedback/box plans on some of the boxes yall have built. Just so i can get an idea of the time and effort its going to take to build my enclosure. And if you have any sites that customize/sell/build custom enclosers id like it to. Just to get more ideas.

I hope someone can see what i am getting at and can possibly help me. I just wasnt really sure were to start except for checking the custom enclosure thread.

Well thnx in advance im out

-greg
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

DINGALING is an unknown quantity at this point
k, before you even decide on what type of design, have you chosen what types of subs to put in the enclosure? ported or sealed? bandpass isn't going to be an option, as this sounds like a first build for you. the box i built was a rectangle box, and i love it to death. 3/4" mdf. the box is huge and weighs in excess of 80 lbs. anyways back to you. before you can decide on a design, you have to decide on what
type...

-DINGALING
Old 09-25-2003
dKj
Registered!!

dKj is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, wut kind of subs are u getting? i wud say go for a sealed box cuz its easiest to build, and probably cheapest too. to save money, i went for a small sealed enclosure stuffed with a little polyfill, and its still heavy as hell. u cud go with fiberglass, its not too hard to use, and its a lot less weight than anything made out of all mdf.

http://www.audioflux.com if u want to order a plexiglass box built, but expensive. and to make one yourself, materials cost hella, and its pretty damn hard. couple days ago i got sum scrap 1/4" thick pieces, and melting/glueing pieces together is a lot harder than how people describe it to be. and working with thicker plastic would be a lot worse.

just my .02
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

Yea sealed, prolly some audiobahn flame Qs. Not the cheap ones the ones with the 1000 watt RMS and 2 800 watt intake amps.. I want to face the speakers forward towards the front and cut 2 slots in the back so you can see the magnets.. fill the 2 slots with some plexi and but a neon light kit in the box..
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

byrd819 is an unknown quantity at this point
Subzone (www.subzone.com) makes really good boxes, probably one of the best prefabs out there. Be REAL CAREFUL if you plan on building your own. If you screw up a little that could make the box sound like ***.
Old 09-26-2003
Registered!!

Hey

Originally posted by byrd819
Subzone (www.subzone.com) makes really good boxes, probably one of the best prefabs out there. Be REAL CAREFUL if you plan on building your own. If you screw up a little that could make the box sound like ***.
thanks for the link.. www.subzoneusa.com
Old 09-26-2003
Registered!!

byrd819 is an unknown quantity at this point
OOPPPPSSSS!! what an idiot. Sorry 'bout that bro