I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

3 shivas vs 1 brahma

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003
Saj
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saj is an unknown quantity at this point
3 shivas vs 1 brahma

Im pretty sure that im going to get the the hifonics brutus 1500 amp, because that seems to give me the most bang for my buck. I installed a whole bulk pack of dynamat and i have a optima in the trunk, nice and clean, ready to kick butt. My question is, what are advantages / disadvantages of running 3 shiva 12" vs 1 brahma 12". In terms of SQ and SPL which do you guys think will be the winner. Trunk space is only limited for me in one aspect, will the box fit? I hope i can get this to sound like a 12w7, If I can that would be awsome.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE HELPFUL

thanks guys (and girls :P)
Old 09-14-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
A box for 3 Shiva will be quite large (especially ported). With 1 Brahma you will have a lot of trunk space left.
Old 09-14-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
by bulk pack, do you mean the 6 roll case of dynamat xtreme? if so, was it enough to cover your entire trunk? i couldn't get mine to stretch enough to do much more than the trunk floor, and about 1/4 of the way up the sides.
Old 09-14-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
3 ported shivas?
goooood luck

id reccomend at LEAST 2 cubic feet per woofer to get em sounding decent.. realistically youd want 3 cubic feet
Old 09-14-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Originally posted by LudlamTheory
3 ported shivas?
goooood luck

id reccomend at LEAST 2 cubic feet per woofer to get em sounding decent.. realistically youd want 3 cubic feet
I have 4 ported Shiva in my trunk
Old 09-15-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
ya fonto but you have the cone area and box size of 2 if your running iso
Old 09-15-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
if your trying to get as close to the performance of a w7 as you possibly can, then a brahma 12 is the way to go, in a large sealed box
Old 09-15-2003
The LA Clipper

Originally posted by Alex053
ya fonto but you have the cone area and box size of 2 if your running iso
true, but it is sure better then having to run a 10 cubic foot box in my trunk...which is the reason why it is better to go with one Brahma.
Old 09-15-2003
Saj
Registered!!

Saj is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks guys, i think i will go with 1 brahma, hopefully it will sound pimp.

btw, PopcornPlaya, i forgot to mention that I already had a trunk that I used, i used a bulk pack on top of that. Now when im ready install components ill be all set.
Old 09-16-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Brahma 15!!! I have one, and after the box is installed I have just enough room in my trunk to fit a body (OK you may have to use a crowbar) or more often, two record crates. It pounds so hard I'm sure I've lost some hearing.