I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

wiring windshield washer LED's

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrad55 is an unknown quantity at this point
wiring windshield washer LED's

I was just wondering if it's possible to wire the LED's so that they only blink when i've got my turning signals on? If so, how do i do it?
Old 07-10-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
good man! ive been preaching this way of wiring for years! ill bet itll look slick, too =D

check it out, each LED will have 2 wires, one for 12 volt in, one ground. the grounds can be wired together and grounded, or jsut plain grounded, but youll need to find a place for them on the frame. or run a wire directly to the battery, electrically, it doesnt matter.

then for the positives, each one will tap into the separate left and right turn signal bulbs. naturally, the easiest place to find them is at the turn signals themselves, but they gotta come together sometime and get inside teh cabin, cause the switch is in the one spot! so youll have to decide whats best for you, install wise.

all you gotta do is tap into each one, left and right, and wire the positive on the positive feed. simple!

if your not sure which wires to tap, you can always check out yoru local neighborhood friends honda mechanic or dealership and ask for the wire colors, usually if they arent too busy they are glad to help out finding tech info.
Old 07-10-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
yes, its simple too... i did this with the ones i had a while back, but let me warn you, do not use blue red or white, you will get a ticket for imitating a police officer or emergency vehicle, depending on your color choice, trust me, i got one, anyway, get you an amp meter or test light, find the plug that is on the back of the HL for the blinker, test for voltage, then turn the signal on and see which one gets voltage that previously didn't, this is the wire you tap into, do the same for the other side, let me warn you though, you will probably have to extend the wire if you plan on following the squirter hose back to the hinge, and into the frame work of the engine compartment, this is what i did in order to make it where the wires didnt dangle in the air, then i simply zip tied it to the hose and covered with wire loom...
Old 07-10-2003
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
I have them setup that way, mostly because I was tired of cops bothering me when I had them on all the time. (I have blue) So far I haven't had any probs from the cops, and I've been runing them for a year now ...

All I did was wire them directly into the turn signal wiring where the bulb is. Just strip away a small section of wire (black is negative and I THINK green is for the turn signal) and wrap the LED wires around there, then secure them with electrical tape. It looks especially good when you have your hazards on ...

Edit: PM me if you have any questions or want more specific instructions on how to do this. I'd be happy to tell you (or anyone else) how to do it