I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

need help...amp not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
need help...amp not working

yesterday i was driving home and all of a sudden my subwoofers just stopped working, i checked the amp and it seems to be not getting power. i checked the fuses, the connection to the battery and the connection to the amp itself. if theres a problem with the amp the "protection" light comes on but neither that or the "power" light is lit up, this is what leads me to think that theres no power getting to it. i checked every connection to the amp and everything there seems ok. i'm lost, i dont know whats wrong, anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-28-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
check the remote wire. if you wanna see if any power is going to it, and if you dont have a multimeter or a test light, then take a light bulb from anywhere in your car and touch the power and ground from your amp to it to see if it lights up. if it lights up, it may be your remote wire. to check that, take a small tiny piece of wire and run it from your power to the place where the remote wire plugs in. if that doesnt work, then its most probably a dead amp.
Old 06-28-2003
Registered!!

custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alot of times its the fuse. Even tho it doesnt look blown, it will sometimes be broken in the ends and will sometimes spin and if that happens the connection is shot. So like ludlam said check for power and then change the fuse if you don't have 12v even if it looks good.
Old 06-28-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Originally posted by custom2k1
Alot of times its the fuse. Even tho it doesnt look blown, it will sometimes be broken in the ends and will sometimes spin and if that happens the connection is shot.
DING DING DING! we have a winner!
lol yeah thats what it was all right, the fuse looked ok and even still i know its blown i still cant see anything wrong with it. had to whip out the 'ol voltage meter to figure it out, even still it took me a couple minutes to figure it out cuz on one side of the fuse closer to the battery it would get 12 volts and on the other, less than 1 volt but i figured since the fuse looked good that it couldnt be that... but it was. thanks for the help!