Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Better handling?

Old 12-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatacar is an unknown quantity at this point
Better handling?

So we picked up our 2012 Civic on Thursday. I've been reading that it makes good sense to replace the rear sway with a beefier one. I've no plans to lower it or change much else. Comments and suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
BTW, went to look at the Eibach site and there is no listing for a 2012 yet.
Old 12-25-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Better handling?

2012 is too new yet, not much info on them.
the 8th gen was better balanced in its redesign, so if you read about the rear sway on 7th gen, they would make less difference, but still give good improvement.
Eibach rear sway is not too thick, so don't expect much improvement. the front are too thick for the rear in the eibach kits.
Old 12-25-2011
Registered!!

whatacar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
2012 is too new yet, not much info on them.
the 8th gen was better balanced in its redesign, so if you read about the rear sway on 7th gen, they would make less difference, but still give good improvement.
Eibach rear sway is not too thick, so don't expect much improvement. the front are too thick for the rear in the eibach kits.
Q, guess I'll wait a while and see what's offered in the spring.
Old 12-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I agree, you'll probably need to wait awhile..

Also, since the 9th gen civic is not being sold in Japan, the parts that are available might be disappointing. The vast majority of parts development for imports is done by Japanese companies.
Old 09-08-2012
Registered!!

EX-Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whatacar
So we picked up our 2012 Civic on Thursday. I've been reading that it makes good sense to replace the rear sway with a beefier one. I've no plans to lower it or change much else. Comments and suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
BTW, went to look at the Eibach site and there is no listing for a 2012 yet.
What trim level do you have? I believe the EX came with a beefier rear sway than the others. This caught my eye when comparing all of the Civic models back in January. If you have like a DX or LX the EX sway bar might work for you. Just saying.