headlamp upgrade for 2010 Civic needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rojasj is an unknown quantity at this point
headlamp upgrade for 2010 Civic needed

Hi all,

I own a 2010 Civic LX that I love. However, in the rain the stock headlamps suck and unfortunately I leave for work at 4am when it is dark so good headlamps are a 100% necessary. For those of you familair with NJ I have to drive on Route 80 West and 287 South at 4am. During dry conditions it's fine, but in wet conditions the reduction in reflected light is really concerning. The headlight lenses used to be foggy but I have kept up on keeping them clean and protected so they are rather clear. My Civic is still running the OEM halogen bulbs as they have not burned out yet. A few people have recommended swapping out the high and low beams for either Syneticusa 9006 and 9005 LED bulbs or HIKARI UltraFocus 9006 & 9005 LED bulbs. However, I am hesitant to do this due to headlight lens / LED incompatibility issues such as focus or light pattern problems. As an option I have been thinking about simply purchasing new halogen low beam bulbs to see if this helps. I'd like to ask those with experience with this issue which direction I should go in and if any of you have experience with either the Syneticusa 9006 and 9005 LED bulbs or HIKARI UltraFocus 9006 & 9005 LED bulbs installed in the OEM headlight lenses and what the final results were.

Thank you in advance.....
Old 10-05-2022
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: headlamp upgrade for 2010 Civic needed

Try just upgrading the halogen to a higher output bulb. Bulb life is deduced but visibility is increased. I put Sylvania Ultra (I think that is their top bulb) in and it made a nice improvement.

Some LED’s are compatible with halogen housings and will work but others have shields on them that can scatter the light bad.
Old 10-05-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rojasj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, my main concern with the LED's was light scatter and adding an extra layer of complexity that the vehicle was not designed for in the first place. I was looking at the headlight lens housing and there is a bit of haze on the inside of each housing but the inside of the housing is visible. So I will eventually replace the lens housings but for now I'll install the Sylvania Ultra bulbs. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

try the retrofit source, they test what they sell. If they have tested in a car model/year and it did not work well, they don't sell (or have not tested)
The following users liked this post:
GolNat (10-06-2022)