Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

different windshield replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003
The Greatest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
different windshield replacement??

Alright I finally got my windshiled replaced since it was cracked real bad. They came to the house and did it while I was at work, however, when I got home I noticed something strange. The windshiled they repalced it with has a tint built into the top of the windshield, but the stoc one wasnt tinted at all. They did a good job and all, but I thought it was strange that the replacement comes tinted at the top and the stock one isn't, thought it would be the other way around.
Old 06-19-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
They probably put in a windshield that wasn't oem. I had mine replaced and wanted a honda windshield with that laser etched stuff on it. I wish I had tint at the top of mine.
Old 06-19-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
Around here the tint is an option that you usually have to pay a bit more for.
Old 06-19-2003
Registered!!

BIANCA is an unknown quantity at this point
You should NEVER have anyone but Honda put a replacement windshield in...tsk...tsk.
Most of the companies have warranties against defects in their windshield, BUT if it leaks they WILL NOT PAY FOR WATER DAMAGE! Insurance pays for a windshield anyways, so its not like it costs you more, same deductible either way, and they cant make you go to a place they recommend, you can go anywhere you want
I had Safelite replace my windshield when it cracked, and everything was fine...until winter came. One morning after it rained all night, i got into my car to find a HUGE puddle in my shift boot. Turns out the seal at the top middle of my windshield had broke. Called safelite and theyre like "all we can do is replace your window"...*click* The total water damage costs was in the thousands. I needed new carpet and padding, new foam in both of the front seats, and my headliner was warped along with my visors, not to mention my whole dash had to be dissasemlbled and cleaned since the water trickled down the window into the vents and would have turned into mold and a potential fire hazard with all the wires. I have friends at Honda so luckily they took care of me with a free rental car and covered the damage costs, if they wouldnt have helped me i woulda been screwed.
always read the fine print on the warranty
Old 06-20-2003
Lek
Registered!!

Lek is an unknown quantity at this point
In Thailand all 2001-4 Civic OEM windshields are tinted. I hate it and it can't be removed. It's molded into the glass.
Old 06-20-2003
The Greatest

Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
umm so yea, on my way to work this morning in the rain, it started leaking at the top already.
Old 06-20-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
^^ that sux man....BTW my 01 ex came with the tint strip at the top of the windshield.