Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Tunable muffler replacement screws!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krafty420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tunable muffler replacement screws!

Ok, heres the deal. I have a OBX Type-R Racing Catback exhaust with the tunable muffler. It has 2 allen bolts to ajust the air flow and "tune" the muffler. I was ajusting the muffler yesterday and completely forgot to re-tighten the allen bolts before I took off, and guess what, no more allen bolts. Now the ajustable metal disc inside the muffler is just rattling around loose inside the muffler. I managed to get the disc back where it belongs and secure it from falling back into the muffler with a screw that doesnt quite fit, however is rattles like crazy because the screw doesnt screw in all the way to tighten it back down! Anyone know where I can find some replacement allen bolts or even screws that match up to the thread pattern to fix this. Thanks for any suggestions.

-krafty420
Old 05-04-2003
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
You might take drill bits and use them as gauges. Try till you find a bit that will barely stick in the hole, then get a metric screw the size of that bit. Maybe an assortment of srews close to that size and try till you find the ones that fit.