Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Bumper replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RyzRocket02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumper replacement

I know someone is going to tell me to search, but I'm pissed off and I couldn't find anything useful online.

Last night, on the way to prom, one of my friend's retard boyfriend hit me with a Q45. The damage wasn't too bad, but his front liscence place left a mark. The frame scratched the paint off and the screw put tore up the place it hit. The part that the screw hit actually sticks out now. Anyone know what an easy way to get this fixed is? Or, anyone know how much the regular OEM rear bumper costs? The damage isn't huge, but I want it fixed so I don't jack this kid up the next time I see him. If you need pics, I'll take a few.
Old 04-27-2003
"Stout"

HCivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want a new bumper go here, they sell them at a good price but you would have to get it painted, OEM Honda Parts
Old 04-27-2003
Registered!!

sandman1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
These are the quotes I got from the dealer yesterday (nonpainted for 02 EX Coupe):

Front Bumper $160.32
Rear Bumper $180.21

So it's probably actually cheaper from the dealer than that site, because of the S&H charges you'd have to pay and ease of mind because you wouldn't have to worry about recieving a damaged product.....
Old 04-27-2003
"Stout"

HCivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just checked price of bumper with shipping and handling its actually cheaper. His dealership might sell the bumber for a different price than what your dealership sells it for
Old 04-27-2003
Registered!!

sandman1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I didn't check the S&H prices from that site, so I wasn't sure. I was just basing my estimate off the S&H prices for my kit, and other stuff I've ordered. But they should still check with their dealer just to see, because it may be cheaper than the quotes I got......

And RyzRocket02, I know how you feel. A dog ran out in front of me after I left my g/f's house at X-mas, which destroyed the front bumper, fan, and radiator. That was $1200 to fix. Then one week later back in SC, my friend rear-ended me on the way to school, but luckily only a small bump in the rear bumper. Then three weeks later, after I'd moved to NY, I hit an ice patch and slid into a snowbank, which cracked the front again. Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I go out to my car to find somebody had hit it, cracking the hell out of the rear bumper and putting a pretty bad dent in the trunk lid......so you still have better luck than me
Old 04-27-2003
Registered!!

yeah, I lucked out. The hit wasn't THAT bad. I'm just worried about rusting and the paint peeling off. I'm just glad it wasn't big. I had a hot date, so I didn't want to ruin the night. =D
Old 04-27-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
if the damage is low enough to the ground, a rear aero undespoiler will cover it. I covered a scatch in my rear bumper when I put on the OEM kit.
Old 04-27-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Bartkat
if the damage is low enough to the ground, a rear aero undespoiler will cover it. I covered a scatch in my rear bumper when I put on the OEM kit.
Good point. I dunno if I have enough money to buy a kit, but I'll look into it. Anyone have a close-up pic of the rear underspoiler? The hit was pretty low, so maybe it'll work. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
You could buy just the rear part for now, and it comes painted.

On my coupe, the top edge of the rear underspoiler is exactly 10 1/2" below the bottom edge of the tal light housing.

Last edited by Bartkat; 04-27-2003 at 05:25 PM.