Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

rear disc conversion kit out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChEe12iO is an unknown quantity at this point
rear disc conversion kit out...

if this is a repost... mods please delete, but...

SSBC has a rear disc conversion kit for our car. it's 695 and can be powder coated to like 8 different colors if you want. it's also ABS compatible. it's on the site SSBC. just search parts for our 7thgen and all available kits will be listed. just for your FYI. and to confirm i just got off the phone with them too. i'm sooo getting these. thank god for credit cards.
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
cool! thx for the info!
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

is this the only kit out right now? if it is i guess it's better then retro fitting 03 Si rear discs or getting the mounting bracket and equipping aftermarket 03 rear brakes.
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome! here's a direct link

EDIT: wait a minute, I searched for previous gen civics and integras and i'm coming up with the same part# [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
they look kinda cheap to me i think ill wait for AEM, plus you have to take into consideration you need the rest of the parts to convert your rear drums to discs, brake lines and etc.its gonna cost you quite a bit more. But good post tho just not for me, you could always take the SI rear disc brakes and do it that way
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

red: it says all hardware included. y would you need any extra hardware to convert the rears. also i heard AEM increases your braking distances... so i'm not going to get those. look in the march mag of Super Street. there's an article in there that has the 03 Si with them on. obviously not cheap enough not to be in SS mag...
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

MagicRacing18 will become famous soon enoughMagicRacing18 will become famous soon enough
I posted this in another thread the other day... and someone called them and I think they said that they are not out yet. So you may want to call first.

~nick~
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
question:
If i decide to get that kit for my car...after i have it installed, can i upgrade to bigger discs, or better calipers from another company? See what im saying? Use the stuff they give you for the conversion, then upgrade with maybe a better company? Also, is it a set of 4 disc brakes? Or do they move your stock discs to the rear and put the big ones in the front?
Thanks
Cheers~
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: ChEe12iO
red: it says all hardware included. y would you need any extra hardware to convert the rears. also i heard AEM increases your braking distances... so i'm not going to get those. look in the march mag of Super Street. there's an article in there that has the 03 Si with them on. obviously not cheap enough not to be in SS mag...[hr]

beg to differ on the increase of braking distance i have just the front set and it lowers the distance!!! and all i said is they look cheap, its just my opinion
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

MagicRacing18 will become famous soon enoughMagicRacing18 will become famous soon enough
When the kit is put out, it will have like 12 inch discs for the rear.. I dont see why on earth you would ever want to go bigger than that on the rear of a 120hp civic And rear kits are totally seprate from the fronts. It has nothing to do with the fronts at all. Later

~nick~
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: NoBottleJustThrottle
question:
If i decide to get that kit for my car...after i have it installed, can i upgrade to bigger discs, or better calipers from another company? See what im saying? Use the stuff they give you for the conversion, then upgrade with maybe a better company? Also, is it a set of 4 disc brakes? Or do they move your stock discs to the rear and put the big ones in the front?
Thanks
Cheers~[hr]
they replace the front ones and toss the OEM ones and you can rplace the calipers with another companies but then why spend the cash to do so when you can just buy the whole upgrade, but then agian it is your car. I know with the AEM kit you can get the one that uses the OEM calipers then upgrade to the 4pot calipers later one. So its all up to you.
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
cool...i was gonna flame about the price compared to how much i payed for my car but...not to bad