Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

OBX short shifter... installed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003
Escaped Convict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
The Last thread on OBX short shifter...

well. this should end the fuss. I got mine in the mail on Saturday, and installed it. No instruction but who needs them.

Looks like a revo... works like one too, or at least thats my guess. Revo is probably better constructed.

Constructino of the shifter base is fine... couple stuff that I think could be beter would be the part where the bracket for the cable is welded onto the shift stick... could have been a more solid weld (like the OEM one, which was welded ... to make sure it doesnt snap... AND, I'm kinda wondering did they position it right.. *shrug* looks like it curve off a bit. And also the spring used to let the shifter go back into position isn't as strong as the one in the OEM shifter, you can transfer that over though... I didnt really bother with it, kinda lazy. lol. Plus I wanted to install it quick..

overall? The shifter is stiff as heck... or at least compare to OEM... and compare to the Neuspeed adapter I have... but its definitely shorter... and it the shift throws actually feels shorter too! Looks kinda neat with the RSX ****... and feels kinda fun too... feels like an arcade. *shrug* For those that want a butter smooth shifter, this isn't for you. But for those that want a possibly more sporty, stiff, and short shift... might want to consider it.

There may be some incidents of harder to get into gear. I duno why, probably cuz its not that precise... but maybe I'm just a weak guy and I can't handle the extra stiff shift. heh.

feels funny too with the soft clutch the civic has.

got it off ebay for $53 shipped I believed, so thats a lot cheaper than Revo. the seller doesn't seem to have that much though, he only has the auction up now and then.

overall I'm happy with it. works good.

I'll attach some pics.

Here's the stock and OBX (right) with my bushing kit....

And heres what it looks like when all is said and done... the RSX **** looks better now that its not on a long stick. heh.
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Looks good Do you always carry toothpicks in your car [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Does the rsx **** snap right into the stock boot/plastic ring?
Old 02-17-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
lol. I snapped those from eating out at some place I bet...

good thing I remove the Voltron cup I had in the cupholder...

yup, RSX direct fit. feels good. mmm good.

small ***** will shorten the overall height even more. so yeah...
Old 02-17-2003
blingbling member

2k1lxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
does any one have a DIY on the plastic case that covers that shift?!?!......i want to see if is too hard...
Old 02-17-2003
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
that looks awesome! where did you get your RSX shift ****, and how much did it cost? is it the 5 speed or 6 speed one? i am interested in getting one for my civic because it looks really good.
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

Snakes is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 2k1lxcoupe
does any one have a DIY on the plastic case that covers that shift?!?!......i want to see if is too hard...[hr]
here's the diy

LINK