Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

inside door handle screw cover trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003
I spent 1425 points to do this.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
inside door handle screw cover trim

do u kno which peice im talking about?? the little 2" rectangle that covers the two screws just behind the inside door handle. its a pain in the a$$ to take off...ive had to pry mine off like 5 times...and each time is just as hard as the last. does anyone know an easy way to take this thing off? maybe with a suction cup[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] i used a flat head screwdriver, but ended up scratching the hell out of it. now im just gonna get new ones. i cant find them anywhere online, can someone send me a direct link to it? majestic honda's parts search interface sux.

thanks
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i just use a precision screwdriver, and ocasionally scratch it (but then i also repaint it periodically)
Old 02-11-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Gizmo is an unknown quantity at this point
I need to get a new one, I broke the clip thingy that holds it in place so after that anytime I shut the door the thing would go flying [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Oh well.
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

asianmatrix02 is an unknown quantity at this point
get a straight pin (or anything that small) and bend the tip of it. then just try to pry it off with the bent tip. pry near the corners so u don't break the clips off
well u know that no one will jack the speakers cause this piece is hard as hell to take off[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

MagicRacing18 will become famous soon enoughMagicRacing18 will become famous soon enough
Where that little gap is, just poke a screw dirver in there and pull it back out, the cover should pop semi off then you can just pull it off.

~nick~
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
[hr]Originally posted by: Gizmo
I need to get a new one, I broke the clip thingy that holds it in place so after that anytime I shut the door the thing would go flying [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Oh well.[hr]
Mine too. Ah well... Use a simple fork (slim, not a fancy thick one)! it gets in real good and covers more perimeter. Just slip the teeth of the fork (face-down) along the top of that square piece really good, push up on the handle, and whamo! It's off faster than a fat man who sat down too fast. A slim blade of a knife will do the trick too, but you must be careful of scratching.
Old 02-11-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, those are annoying. I made the opening for the screwdriver on mine a little larger. I guess it's easier now...