Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

TYC black projector headlights or clear projector headlights?

Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free7civicex is an unknown quantity at this point
TYC black projector headlights or clear projector headlights?

I recently bought a new taffeta white '02 EX coupe. I want to slowly add some exterior mods so I started searching around for parts on the internet. I saw the TYC black housing projector headlights for the 7th gen Civic and now I am considering buying them.
I am wondering though if the black projectors would look good on a car with white paint. Most of the Civics I have seen with these are darker colors. I like the clear projectors too, but they don't seem as unique or aggressive looking to me.

Question: In your opinion, what looks better on a white Civic coupe...black housing projector headlights or clear projector headlights??
Thanks.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
imo clear. i have a white coupe and i have the chrome(clear) tails and i think that they look great. i plan on getting the clear headlights eventually.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree ild clear the headlights,
think it would make it clean, look much better
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Black + CF Hood and some gunmetal rims or black Rota's.. MMmmmMM

K-lx
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Definately black!!!! Go with the JDM look. After the black projectors get the black RS grill then a CF hood. Then CF side mirrors.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

blackavian is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

IMO, I like light-colored themes with lighter colored cars and darker themes with darker cars. Go with the chrome TYC's.

Lets put it this way. If you had the black ones on your car, I wouldn't knock on you having them, but I wouldn't compliment you either. Its your call, but I'd go with the chrome.
Old 01-17-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
[hr]Originally posted by: SLAMMED01CIV
Definately black!!!! Go with the JDM look. After the black projectors get the black RS grill then a CF hood. Then CF side mirrors. [hr]
how can he go with a jdm look if his car is a coupe and japan only sells sedans[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-17-2003
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Chrome would match better IMO, but IMO, I wouldn't get the projectors in the first place. I've heard bad things about them. Not very functional. Probably better off just clearing your headlights.
Old 01-17-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Good choice! I've got the same car. I would say it comes down to if you're going to change your hood or not. I'm going to get a carbon fiber hood this summer, RS grille, and black TYC projectors. If you're going to stay with the white hood, get chrome.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
IMO, black for dark car and clear for light car
Old 01-17-2003
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I would clear the stock headlights. It's not as hard as everyone says, just time consuming. If you have to get projectors, go with the chrome
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clear your stock headlights but paint the inside black.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-18-2003
Registered!!

Why wouldn't the projectors be funtional? What types of problems, if any, do they have?

My friend has a black '01 LX coupe and he cleared his stock headlights. I have to admit, they look good. It didn't take him very long and at the same time it was free.
Considering the cost of the projectors I may just clear my stock headlights instead. I really like the black housing projectors, but I feel that they would look out of place with the white body color of my car. The clear projectors aren't bad looking, but they don't "grab" my attention like the black projectors. Most likely I'll clear my headlights and if I like the look then I'll pass on the projectors. I'll save money for performance upgrades and rims.
Old 01-18-2003
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
Why not just take out the headlight...paint the inside black and leave the orange lense piece inside (JDM look) that's what i did

edit: I have a white Civic also [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-18-2003
Registered!!

Painting the stock headlight housing black isn't a bad idea, but I just like the look of the projectors. I don't know if I like them enough though to pay what they are going for right now.

Painting stock headlight housing black:
Is it an easy process to paint the inside of the headlight housing? How long does it take and what type of paint do you use?