Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Tsunami Front Bumper Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toca is an unknown quantity at this point
Tsunami Front Bumper

I just got my bumper installed at a collision shop and they couldn't install it right.

The bumper came squished in a tiny Tsunami box and at the corners it does not fit flushin on the car. I'm pretty pissed off at Tsunami cause it was expensive and came out to be a piece of garbage. Did anyone else have this problem? I dunno it i should take it to like a performance place where they know how to do this kinda stuff. But i was also thinking of cuttin holes in the bumper so that the factory clips can fit cause i think the might be the problem.<--- if anyone has taken off their bumper you'll know what little notches i'm talking about.. they're on the stock bumper..

I'm pretty sure thats what i have to do now that i think about it.. BUt maybe someone could confirm that.
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Tony4380 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, i do know what youre talking about...those notches...
If you can't think of anything else to do....chop you some notches
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
in the top of the bumper the part that meets up with the bumper you need to cut out those three notches, any quality body shop can do that for you since its regular procedure for them anyways.. even with oem... the sides might stick out a little and to cure that they needed to bake the bumper so that it could form correctly look at mine in my member rides its perfect you need to ask them to redo it for you.. lates
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Gotcha! thanx.. I figured i needed those notches. When the bake it will they like bake the whole car.. Thats prob a stupid question.. I'll do the notches and then let it sit a while and let it form. Then bake it cause being stuffed in a box the way it was i'm scared it'll be outa shape.
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Tony4380
Hey, i do know what youre talking about...those notches...
If you can't think of anything else to do....chop you some notches[hr]
Well Newbierooonie.. When you take off your bumper you'll see what i'm talking about .
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
if the bumper is painted then forget about baking it, they can still do it but if he didnt add enough flex agent to the paint then it will all crack when the bake it.. if it has not been painted then nothing will happen it will just put it in form.... they dont bake the whole car just the bumper and trust me ill be fine when its all done... lates.
Old 01-08-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
That's the way Tsunami ships those bumpers. They say to take it in where it's warm, let it warm up awhile and then unfold it. At room temperature it's supposed to go back to it's original shape.

So you probably want to let it warm up, the fit it, then take it off and cut the notches so everything is in the right places.