Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

to altezza or not to altezza

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironcow is on a distinguished road
to altezza or not to altezza

i have my stock tails down in the basement
and i was wondering if my car would look better with them on
i have chrome headlights and they match up pretty well

any comments?
Old 12-21-2002
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
What color is the car???
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO I'd keep them on since they match with your headlights

BTW sedan stock tails are nasty[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
I had to take my tezza's off because I got black tyc projectors[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
ALTEZZAS ARE UGLY AS HELL I still don't understand why people buy them. They DO NOT look good. Stick with stocks.
Old 12-21-2002
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
for our generation, i'd say altezzas look good..... but for the 6th gen, i'd keep the stock ones. especially the 99-00 si's...
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

NAcoma is an unknown quantity at this point
get altezzas but take it a step further: is300 taillight conversion
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

rackness is an unknown quantity at this point
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't do it man u have too much to live for just don't do it!!!!!

friends don't let friends rock tezzas[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: rackness
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't do it man u have too much to live for just don't do it!!!!!

friends don't let friends rock tezzas[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]

I'm with you man. They are the gayest things ever invented. Ricers use them. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

erica02civicCPE is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree CivicRookie..our generation does look the best with them. Some of the styles of altezzas are really gross.....but I have found that one or two of the styles are really nice looking. I'm just not really attracted to that "horseshoe light" in the back of my car lol.....
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

Falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
dont altezza...

TYC

(i have the CF ones.. like the ones in fragas sig... they look nice on black)
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
The only car that look good with altezzas would be the Altezza (IS 300). Any other car and its just fugly.
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

No such thing as a nice altezza. That's like saying that I'm gonna go out and buy a nice KIA. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

phlipsidez is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SLAMMED01CIV
ALTEZZAS ARE UGLY AS HELL I still don't understand why people buy them. They DO NOT look good. Stick with stocks.[hr]
Hey dude, you have a right to your own opinion and all, but once you start saying stuff like that then it's not cool. Personally I have recieved many gestures of an appealing manner on my altezzas from complete strangers more than anything else on my car. (Although I don't have much else besides altezzas...) Nevertheless, it's just an opinion. True, if you are seeing the ordeal from the import community's POV, or if you are more on the conservative side, it does seem to be just another fad that SUV and even mini-van owners have exhausted - but some people DO think they look good (especially on our civics [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG])

So I guess what I'm trying to say is BACK OFF THE ALTEZZAS BIOTCH [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Have a nice day.
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: phlipsidez
ALTEZZAS ARE UGLY AS HELL I still don't understand why people buy them. They DO NOT look good. Stick with stocks.[hr]
Hey dude, you have a right to your own opinion and all, but once you start saying stuff like that then it's not cool. Personally I have recieved many gestures of an appealing manner on my altezzas from complete strangers more than anything else on my car. (Although I don't have much else besides altezzas...) Nevertheless, it's just an opinion. True, if you are seeing the ordeal from the import community's POV, or if you are more on the conservative side, it does seem to be just another fad that SUV and even mini-van owners have exhausted - but some people DO think they look good (especially on our civics [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG])

So I guess what I'm trying to say is BACK OFF THE ALTEZZAS BIOTCH [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Have a nice day. [

It is just my oppinion, as well as a bunch of people on this site, but god they make me sick!!
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i put on gunmetal TYC's on my sedan and people think it is an altima... since i like the new altimas (and love the maximas, can't wait for the new one soon) i don't mind this. but it is all preference and who you ask about them.

oh yeah, down with bandwagon altezza haters (you know who you are.. some of you sport them too [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] )
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: DoubleDeuce2k2
i put on gunmetal TYC's on my sedan and people think it is an altima... since i like the new altimas (and love the maximas, can't wait for the new one soon) i don't mind this. but it is all preference and who you ask about them.

oh yeah, down with bandwagon altezza haters (you know who you are.. some of you sport them too [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] )[hr]
Never in my life unless they are sitting on the back of my IS 300!
Old 12-21-2002
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: erica02civicCPE
I agree CivicRookie..our generation does look the best with them. Some of the styles of altezzas are really gross.....but I have found that one or two of the styles are really nice looking. I'm just not really attracted to that "horseshoe light" in the back of my car lol.....[hr]
yeah, that's all i'm sayin' cuz most of the other civics looked fine with their stock taillights....but the 7th gen? hmm... let's see, not only do they resemble the Focus taillights, but yeah, they have that stupid horseshoe light thing... altezzas all the way!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

GhettoCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
- I don't know why everybody hates on altezzas. Aftermarket companies started to make them as a way to customize your car, to make it different from the rest, the same way a body kit does. Isn't the goal of 90% of the people on this site to customize their car so it is unique, or at least has their own style? True, when everybody and their mama started slappin on Altezzas it got a little played out, but I say each to their own, if you think they look cool put them on. I take mine off and on depending on my mood, usually change them once every couple months, it only takes 5 minutes.
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Never have liked them on anything cops pull people over all the time here for Altezzas since they don't know what bulbs to put in them. I see it as this why attract more rice attention to your car? Altezzas got played out a long time ago now all clear taillights Rock

If you wanna waiste money on them go ahead and keep the dealers in business.

I am putting the $$ now to my next ride [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Nick
Old 12-22-2002

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: DoubleDeuce2k2

oh yeah, down with bandwagon altezza haters (you know who you are.. some of you sport them too [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] )[hr]
Never in my life unless they are sitting on the back of my IS 300![hr]
Dude, please do us all a favor and only post your opinion ONCE!!!!!! God, ya we know you don't like them...But we really could care less after the 4th post .....So people do and so don't.....Personally I do like them (on a certain colour)
Old 12-22-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I'm tired of my altezza's, so i'm selling them now and getting EDM euro spec tails.
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
I think some of them look nice, others look tacky. These are the only ones I would personally consider using. You're probably more likely to get pulled over by the cops with the flashy chrome plated lights than the solid red ones. Using the wrong bulbs is a guaranteed way of getting pulled over.
Old 12-22-2002
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: rackness

friends don't let friends rock tezzas[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]

I'm with you man. They are the gayest things ever invented. Ricers use them. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][hr]
I agree
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
ALTEEZAS ARE GAY!
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't read through the whole thread, but there is a nice alternative to Altezzas. It's an all red tailight but the innier lenses are circles. So from the outside it looks all red, but when it lights up you can see the circles. I think they're halo too. One of the rings has a halo around it. I hate all that ricer bullshit like halos and whatnot, but those tail lights didn't look too bad.
Old 12-22-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
No such thing as a nice altezza. That's like saying that I'm gonna go out and buy a nice KIA. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
From your members rides page. (the one with no pics)

"Other Modifications
-DC Sports and Ground Control stickers on rear side window (white plain and simple) "

Nuff said about taste.
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

hondah1 is an unknown quantity at this point
This might be a stupid question, but what actually sets apart an altezza tail light from other tail lights? Is the the chrome, or the clear lens that makes a tail light an altezza? I see some people have tail lights with carbon fiber look and don't consider it an altezza style light. I want to replace my tails with some type of aftermarket version, I have a silver coupe and the contrast between the plain, boring red tail light and the silver exterior of the car just don't look right to me. I wish they had more detail, I like the lights from the MB C240 Sedan, which are similar to ours only with more detail.
Old 12-22-2002

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
I seem to think that people on this site just follow what the person before says. I bet there are some of you who liked altezzas before you joined this site, then came here, saw that someone said "Altezzas= [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] " and decided to feel the same way because you wanted to fit in. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

It's your car... do what you want.
Old 12-22-2002
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I have these and i think they look a lot better than TYC's

NICE TAILS
UGLY TAILS