Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

need recomendation on peddles

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuledya is an unknown quantity at this point
need recomendation on peddles

I have a silver 2001 civic so I want to go with all chrome peddles, no colors. Anyone have any suggestions, pics, install tips, etc.? Do they make any aftermarket peddle that is a complete replacement? or are they all just covers?
Thanks for any info!
Old 11-12-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well, unless you want to do some welding, covers are your only choice. There's tons to choose from, I don't know how many chrome, but plenty of polished aluminium choices out there. Tons of companies make them. The install is usually drill 2 holes in each pedal, put a screw and a bolt on it.
Install tips... Place the pedal on with masking or 2 sided tape to hold it in place while you try to line it up. Mark the pedal with a paint pen or a scribe or something, drill a pilot hole first. Make sure you don't go through the pedal stalk. If it's ok, drill the hole to size and bolt on the pedal. Make sure to drill the gas pedal no further over than the 2nd groove from the left or you'll go through the stalk. The gas sucks because it's all plastic, but overall it's real simple.
I've got Momo Superturismos.... I thought I had a pic online, but I don't, I'll have to take one later. I'd recommend them though... they're the perfect size (Brake and clutch are 2.5x2.5, gas is 5x2.75, roughly 2x the size of the stock brake and clutch, about 1" longer and 3/4" wider than the stock gas pedal.
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
yeah, boilermaker pretty much summed up the install tips. i removed the rubber pads off the stock brake and clutch so that the covers fit a little better and so that i didnt damage the rubber covers. my pedals had brackets, so i didnt have to drill through the brake and clutch, but the gas pedal is a real biyatch. you pretty much have to drill into it. i didnt use bolts tho, i used 2 or 3 screws that went into the plastic. didnt feel comfortable screwing into the metal stem.
i have Ergal Rally pedals, heres a pic in the car:

heres a pic of just the pedals:

i really like them, and ive gotten comments from other people that they like how they look
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

slowasscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
get some mugen pedals....very nice but mucho dinero
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
you can try those cheap obx "type r" pedals
Old 11-13-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Wait... I forgot one thing... TAKE THE PEDAL COVER OFF BEFORE YOU DRILL!
Once you have it lined up, take the cover off. You don't want to scratch the pedal if the drill slips or the bit breaks.