Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Indiglo Gauge when Raining

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Indiglo Gauge when Raining

Hey people, I got some blue/green indiglo gauges from autodynamic and had them professionally installed. Well, I drove home while it was raining and the A/C was on with windshield wipers. The indoglos would go off and on a few times, and when I got home, it started to go out again when I pressed the brakes. It started flickering like crazy when I shifted into reverse or other gear with A/C off. Is the rain causing problems, or is there too much current draw or something and they got messed up?

Thanks[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2002
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
the ground wire is loose i think.
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe speedracersong is right. If the rain was getting in there some how and effecting it, it would have shorted out right away.
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: HomerSimpson
I believe speedracersong is right. If the rain was getting in there some how and effecting it, it would have shorted out right away.[hr]
correct...have the wires checked
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
The gauges are connected to the wires internally, so the rain should not affect them. My only answer is the same as those above. If you had it "professionally" installed, take it back to them. If you want to look at it yourself, it is really easy, just follow the DIY instructions and make sure that they tapped into the correct wire.
Old 11-08-2002
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
You might have a bad inverter too. My inverter shorted out like a month ago. For some reason, it would go out when I make a left turn then come back on a little while later. Then after a few days, it just shorted out for good. If you just got it from AutoDynamic, you may wanna let them know about it right away. Unfortunately I had mine in for about 6 months before it shorted out so I had to but a new inverter.

-Kre
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, not to get up on you, but why not jsut install them yourself? its a 2 wire hookup, and probably one of the easiest DIY for our car. Ive installed full faced, uninstalled and installed reverse, then uninstalled and reinstalled the full faced and also wired my volt gauge in line with teh dash gauges so that they would all work the same color and birghtness together. Having a professional installation that didnt work like you say, i would go back and demand my money back from teh install, im assuming that where you got it done, electrical work isnt cheap. And next time when you have a question, just ask away here, thats what teh forums are for. I know that theres a DIY on the site, but even i got slightly confused by it after comparing to how simple it was for me to install mine. Anyways, no.... the rain would have nothing to do with the problem, unless you have a leak that is dripping down into the transformer that powers the indiglos, but in that case chances are your whole car would be screwed up and you would have a lot more problems right now.....
Old 11-08-2002
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the input. It's been raining all day and I haven't had any problems. I think there were too many electrical things going. I also noticed that when the car is off and I turn the lights on, the gauges flicker. Maybe they're not getting enough power.
Old 11-10-2002
Premium Member

I'll have them check the ground wire. I don't know why it would be loose all of a sudden. If it's the inverter, how long do they usually last? I've only had mine for a month. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]