Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

CATZ HID

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
CATZ HID

Is this a good kit?? check out waht they say.......

Are you sick and tired of spending money on bulbs to get that HID look? Dont have the $500 for a true HID system? Well, if so, then the Catz Zeta system is for you. THE CATZ ZETA System is revolutionizing lighting! Also known as the "Poor Man's H.I.D. System", it costs $ 100's less than H.I.D. and with two types available, it can be configured to fit virtually any car. (H.I.D.= High Intensity Discharge)

The first CATZ ZETA is called the H-4 TYPE. (CZ-001C) This is a simple "plug and play" Kit consisting of 2 ZETA ballasts. You SIMPLY plug one end of the ZETA Ballast into the bulb, and the other end into your OEM Wiring Harness. Bulbs are included in this system.

$225.00 Shipped

The second CATZ ZETA is called the ATO FUSE TYPE. (CZ-100C) This Kit consists of 2 ZETA ballasts. This kit is for vehicles that uses the standard ATO, ¾" style fuses. This ZETA kit connects through the vehicle's fuse box. You simply plug the Ballasts into your vehicles fuse panel and find a good ground connection. You can ADD 2 CATZ 9006 (CZB-52) Galaxy White bulbs to the kit for the HID coloration. (High Intensity White with a slight blue tint.)Note: If your Vehicle uses ATO mini fuses, several wiring modifications must be done. (ADD in line ATO fuse connectors to the OEM Headlight Harness). (Littlefuse tm part number OFHM002XP OR EQUIVALENT)
IMPORTANT! OEM Wiring Harness cutting & splicing SHOULD be done PROFESSIONALLY as certain wiring MODIFICATIONS may VOID WARRANTIES.

$180.00 Shipped

Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I've heard, this follows the you get what you pay for mentality. Lots of people are pleased with the CATZ system, but they wish they had spent a little extra for real HID's. Do a search over at clubsi.com, I read a bunch of threads on this system over there before.
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Exbauer is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had that kit on my 7th gen Civic and was very pleased with it. But, I ended up selling it and getting HIDs with Audi projectors. The Catz Zeta does a pretty good job than the blue bulbs and close to what HID does. It does increase the output of the lights and illuminate the road a lot better. The light is as close to HID as you can get. It is not blue, but a whitish color. Just do a search for it and there are many topics on this.