Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Clear Bra's Worth the $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Clear Bra's Worth the $$$?

Well sick of my OEM Full Honda Bra just had my front ended repainted from paint fogging for free because my dealer is nice and covered it under warranty but I was thinking clearbra.net but they run like $500-$600 for the whole front. Is it worth the money? Or just would be cheaper to get it repainted every year?

Nick
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
ok the reason u needed to get ur front end repained was because ur bra was rubbing off the paint. So why buy another bra waht will do the same thing? Another Q: Why would you even need to repaint ur car if u have a bra covering it? If you didnt have the bra on in the first place u wouldent need to!
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

A clear bra will not fade your paint lexus, Mercedes, and BMW have them also. If you don't have a bra then you will need your paint re done I only have my bra on for road trips now. I had my bra on for 4 mths straight then I took it off for awhile I noticed the spots. The dealer actuall told me the paint wasn't dulled by the bra like most bra paint problems so it was a honda defect in the paint I was seeing just a little more details.

Nick
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I looked into it a while ago but i dont think you should waste your money.....its not worth it and when you put them on they look so bad on a car i saw a few with them on....leave you paint as is and just adapt to a new way to drive-drive far from other vehicles when on roadtrips
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
lol.. clear bras.. now there's an idea.. now to find the models... hmmmm...... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
from my understanding and from what my dealer told me... If you never take the bra off your car and you leave it on all the time even when it rains then you will ruin your paint. If the bra gets wet and you also let it dry on the car it leaves moisture trapped between the cloth of the bra and the paint on your car. Eventually all that trapped moisture clouds the paint and makes it seem really faded. A lot of people also leave it on when they wash the car, obviously another bad idea. Everything I have read and been told says this same thing. I have a bra on my car and I am just really good about taking it off when it is supposed to rain or taking it off when it gets wet. I always take it off the wash the car. If you stick to it and take good care of it then you won't have any problem. I have had mine for a year and use it on a regular basis and my paint looks as good as new. Also doesn't hurt to wax the car once in a while. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

Humm yeah its tuff up here in Oregon it rains like 9 mths or more out of the year so it would be wet a lot so I would never really be able to use it. But since my whole front is re painted I have learned my lesson and take the bra off for rain and washing the car.

Nick
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

thx1138 is an unknown quantity at this point
I never understood the logic in these things. When I first visited the US, I was like, "what's with these ugly looking things ? Extra airbag ?". If you put one on to protect your paint, who's gonna see ? You gotta take it off to see the paint is looking good. But you have to put it back on to protect it again, and then it's ugly again.
Compare it against a beautiful fashion model. You don't see them walking around with a helmet all day to protect them from the outside elements. I just don't get it.
Old 07-22-2002
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah! You don't see me walking around with a condom on all the time either!
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

my reasoning is I would rather have a black car bra that says civic in cool silver letters that covers the whole front bumper then a bunch of black chip marks on my silver paint from where stones hit it. I bought the bra after my first BIG black chip mark on my car. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

thx1138 is an unknown quantity at this point
So wouldn't it be better if Honda just skipped painting the nose at all ? Like I said. Nobody's gonna see that your paint still looks good underneath the bra. So what's the point. Good trade in value ? Perhaps, but is that worth driving around with a big black thing on your nose. You can think it's cool, and you have every right to. I just don't like them.
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
uhhh y would u want a clear bra?
Old 07-22-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I have heard of them. They aren't what you guys are thinking of tho. They are like a thin piece of special vinyl that covers the entire front of your car. It helps keep the car from getting chips, but it doesn't help with dents. I have heard them costing like $75. Go ahead and do it and tell us all how u like it!!!
Old 07-22-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
dude, my g/f has a clear bra, it looks funny when she wears it tho. and it gets all hot and sticky on her cha cha's and it feels like one of those inflatable chairs. when she washes it she has to towel dry it or it will melt. it's too much of a hassle, just go with a regular bra.
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

[hr]dude, my g/f has a clear bra, it looks funny when she wears it tho. and it gets all hot and sticky on her cha cha's and it feels like one of those inflatable chairs. when she washes it she has to towel dry it or it will melt. it's too much of a hassle, just go with a regular bra. [hr]
lol.... you're so wierd.... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-23-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: liquidblue
dude, my g/f has a clear bra, it looks funny when she wears it tho. and it gets all hot and sticky on her cha cha's and it feels like one of those inflatable chairs. when she washes it she has to towel dry it or it will melt. it's too much of a hassle, just go with a regular bra.[hr]

Can you get them bras in 44 DD?
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

blucivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hey...i got a clear bra on my car...its the shiznit!!! I like it...i bought my car right when the first 2001's came out.....i put on the clear bra and i aint got any rock chips on my car. i like it better than the leather bra's because you cant even tell that the clear one is on the car unless you are looking up close at it, but if your just passing by you'll never even notice it. i got hooked up with it and i got a few extra kits for our cars too........i thought i would of messed up putting it one, but i did it in one try....so if anybody wants to buy one i got 2 kits.
Old 01-19-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by liquidblue
dude, my g/f has a clear bra, it looks funny when she wears it tho. and it gets all hot and sticky on her cha cha's and it feels like one of those inflatable chairs. when she washes it she has to towel dry it or it will melt. it's too much of a hassle, just go with a regular bra.

i want some sticky cha chas
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

Miss_Hatchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Any kind of covering is going to result in shade differences. Same concept behind clear tank protectors on motorcycles as well. It's just not exposure to sun that causes paint discrepancies between covered & non covered areas.

You just have to decide which is worse...the shade differences, or rock chips
Old 01-19-2004
Premium Member

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
GOT PICS??????
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

Of the bra on the car, or on a model???
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

blucivic is an unknown quantity at this point
of it on you miss_hatchy jk

here is a pic of it getting installed on my friends infiniti

and here is a pic of the car after it was all installed(mirrors, head lights, fenders, bumper)

it looks totally invisible here....but if you are super close up and looking for it...you'll be able to see it.....but other than that...its pretty hard to see if you can even see it at all.

I'll get a close up pic of the kit installed on my blue civic so you can see it on a draker color car too.
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

Those headlights are TIGHT!!! I <3 Infinitis
Old 01-19-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by liquidblue
Is it vinyl? Ouch.
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

Philip is an unknown quantity at this point
it's worth it if you think about it
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam old thread