Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

K&N filter cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002
GT-S BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProDigy is an unknown quantity at this point
K&N filter cleaner

hey i just cleaned my Injen SRI filter with the K&N filter cleaner. . .i first sprayed with the K&N filter cleaner. .waited about 15 min then rinsed it from the insde out. . . after that i dried it for like an hour and hten sprayed the oil around it. . .dried the oil for about 30 min but it was still oily. . .I put it back on my car and now when i turned it on it sounds really loud like it's sucking in a lot of air. . . this happen to anyone or has anyone cleaned the filter yet??? Also i painted my spark plug cover and fuse box cover . .. how did people who painted theres manage to not paint the V tec and get the surrounds painted perfectly??? gosh shoulda been prepared about this! Wells thanks for the help. . haven't been on here for the longest
Old 07-02-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like you cleaned and re-oiled it just fine. I have done many k&n filters. You should not hear a different sound at all, that might just be all in your head. Make sure the filter sealed good around the pipe.
Old 07-03-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: ProDigy
.. how did people who painted theres manage to not paint the V tec and get the surrounds painted perfectly???[hr]
it's called masking tape. hence the name, masking. it works perfectly, just be sure to take time putting it on or you'll get over spray on something for sure.

btw, where can you pick up a cleaning kit? i haven't been able to find one. how much do they usually cost?
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Try using a Sharpie marker to go over the letters...it works if you do it right. I got a K&N Filter Cleaning Kit at Autozone for like 9 bucks. You cleaned it right. When I cleaned mine I had to wash it out for over 10 minutes...the thing was full of sand(my Civic got stuck in the beach a while back [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]). I noticed a little change in the sound after cleaning it, it definenlty helped with the air flow.