Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

what type of engine oil??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow

You just pissed me off with your "...min of intelligence..." remark.[hr]
Sorry. I know you are a thinking man. Didn't mean to offend.
Old 07-15-2002
Registered!!

FiresVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
TEKNIQ......$47...thats a great price. I just ordered my case (12-1 quarts) today as a matter of fact but it cost me $70 with shipping. did you get a preferred customer or something???
Old 07-16-2002
Registered!!

TeamOutrage is an unknown quantity at this point

Talk to some people that race their cars. Almost all of them are using synthetic of one type or another. The extreme conditions you mentioned before, well almost all of them apply to me. Super cold winters, super hot summers. Excessive wear and tear on the car from racing. Everyone admits that the oil change interval is longer (right?). Well what are the properties of the oil that makes that possible? The same that give you the benefits that the companies that manufacture the oil claim. In the industrial equipment arena there is hardly any debate about this issue anymore. There is all the proof you could want.

While I don't have the equipment to conduct testing that will satisfy you, I have tried both options and can tell you (why would I be BSing you?) that the difference is night and day. The two things that you can purchase that will help your car last a long time are quality gas and quality oil.

[hr][/QUOTE]

did i not say earlier that synthetic is good for race cars? hmmmm how about fully reading before you post huh? i have run both and i find conventional better then synthetic.

Old 07-16-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FiresVTEC
TEKNIQ......$47...thats a great price. I just ordered my case (12-1 quarts) today as a matter of fact but it cost me $70 with shipping. did you get a preferred customer or something???[hr]

Yes, I am a preferred customer......I get it for $47 plus shipping(they waived my shipping because of an incident).......I might upgrade to a dealer,,if I know I can sell some here......

Tip:: the money you save from becoming a Prefered member is more than the membership costs....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-16-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: TeamOutrage

i have run both and i find conventional better then synthetic.[hr]
I am curious to know in what way and how you found conventional oil better than synthetic. And, what is it about synthetic oil that makes it better for race engines but not as good for normal engines? Just like asking for proof on syn, do you have any "proof" that conventional oil is better?
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

Paranos is an unknown quantity at this point
I am going to change oil and possibly sparks plug to tommorrow morning. I can't find AMSOIL any where in stores ( this really sucks) and as fpr plugs I am think of going with Bosch Platnium 4's. I have been using Valvoline 5w30 sythentic and want to change I am starting to here the valves more everyday. I think case the oil is dirty it is not getting to the tops of the heads. Any advice on the Oil and plugs is welcome.