Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

clutch and flywheel???

Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ilv4nos is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch and flywheel???

hey whats going on, looking for a stage 3 clutch and flywheel combination for my 2k1. So far I have found the item on the clutch masters website. I have attempted to question them several times and no answer. The main problem the item is listed under and I quote here "1.6L (exc. vtec) 1998-2002 honda civic, where our civics are 1.7L, it costs like only $454.00 for the clutch and flywheel, something in that range. Obviously you guys know my standing on this, I want this item because well....lack of bottom end in our civics, the top end is great and i have topped my car out at 115mph but i need to get there faster and i know that car can go faster.....I was reading 5.5 grand and 115mph....I also intend to add a ZEX kit to the picture. I have a LX AT.
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you say LX AT, AT as in atomatic.
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

yes i said AT as in automatic...pathetic i know...didn't plan on doing anything to it....once i got into this stuff i was like....damnit i bought an automatic....oh well i just will have to drag a car....also i don't have to worry about missing a gear hehe, but automatics still have clutch plates....and i know there has to be a way to upgrade those and upgrade the flywheel....its pretty much all the same.....just a lil more complicated.
Old 06-19-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i dont know too much about the drivetrain/transmission yet but i heard autos dont have clutch/flywheels. we(YES I HAVE AN AUTO TOO) have torque converters. try doing a search for 'flywheel'
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

i know one thing.....NOPI.com says they have a flywheel for my car...but everyone keeps saying 1.6L....and that is so not true....its pretty irritating....so i have searched almost everywhere it seems....on the clutch masters website its says that the clutch package includes a flywheel and it gives an option to buy it with the clutch...so i am really just asking.....will this work with my civic kinda thing and should i just buy flywheel...skip the clutch plates....thanks for the all advice
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
i dont know too much about the drivetrain/transmission yet but i heard autos dont have clutch/flywheels. we(YES I HAVE AN AUTO TOO) have torque converters. try doing a search for 'flywheel'[hr]
So if your car doesnt have a flywheel, how does it start?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

rac53041 is an unknown quantity at this point
the car starts using the torque converter they have the same gear teeth that a fly wheel has that M/T cars use
the starter motor turns the torque converter on A/T cars and it turns the fly wheel on M/T cars
the clutches that your talking about for you auto tranny are called clutch packs each gaer has a clutch pack the only way to replace them is to rebuild your tranny since they are internal. Clutch Masters and other performance companies that make performance clutches and lightened flywheels make them only for M/T cars