Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Full Pilar Pod

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Full Pilar Pod

I have been talking to Autometer for quite sometime and just got this out of them. It is very good news.

<begin email>
I understand your concern, our catalog is a bit dated and do not have all units updated to current late model cars, as long as the interior
A-pillar has not changed (from 2000 to 2001) the pod should still be able to fit as usual. I am not 100% certain if the 2000 unit is compatable.
Sorry we were not of total help, it is extremely difficult to stay updated on 2000-3000 different pods and pillars. Free free to visit our website
at www.autometer.com. Thank you for your support of Auto Meter Products.

Sincerely,

Dean

boosted@clarkmotorsports.net wrote:

> Question:
> I am looking for a full pilar pod for a 2001 Honda Civic. I did not see it listed on your site. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

<end email>

Old 06-18-2002
APS
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APS is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats really cool man. I have been looking for a pillar pod for some time now. Thanks. By the way did you find out if the 2000 one does fit?
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

civicR2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
This was posted last millenium. The pillar of the 6th gen is completely different than the 7th gen. But anyways welcome to last year.

And i've also been talking to autometer since april of last year and they also told me that the pillars were different, as well as there is a member here that has tried to install it and it wouldnt line up right.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

SpeedRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought somone on here said the 97 prelude pillar would fit.
Text
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: civicR2k1
This was posted last millenium. The pillar of the 6th gen is completely different than the 7th gen. But anyways welcome to last year.

And i've also been talking to autometer since april of last year and they also told me that the pillars were different, as well as there is a member here that has tried to install it and it wouldnt line up right.[hr]
Last millenium? You only have 51 post since November of 01. Accorrding to American Honda, the A-pillar in the 2000 and the 2001 are the same. It is also funny that Autometer said the same thing about the pillars being the same. Anyways, according to AM, they have not tried to fit a 2000 pillar pod on a 2001 but from what they have been told, it will work.

I just thought this tid bit of info would be helpful, not flamed... If you are gonna flame, do it elsewhere.

Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
okay, boosted, grow up. 362 posts doesn't make you an expert, either.

so anyways, what's the good news? all i'm getting out of it is that autometer says "if the pillars haven't changed from 2000 to 2001, then it should fit". umm... DUH?!

Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

sorry i will try to get my posts up to around your numbers by posting crap instead of quality helpful information. But I'm just stating what autometer told me over a year ago, and what a member on this forum tried doing awhile ago. I wish i remembered the name of who did it.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, yeah, you may know SOMETHING about 2k1s... but we need to know about the 2000 in this situation [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

and from what others are saying, it won't work. BTW, american honda isn't the most reliable source of information... i wouldn't trust 'em.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

I am not trying to be a smarta$$ all I am saying is per confirmation from AutoMeter and American Honda (with out the test fit being done) the 2000 pillar pod should work without any modifications.

362 post might not make me an expert but I am a moderator, so I must know a little something about the 2k1 civics.

Well, bhayes82, think what you want. I know the validity of my post and know what I am talking about. This post was not directed toward you, but to others who have been waiting on Autometer to come out with a answer. So if you have nothing better to do than flame an inocent, but helpful post, then goto clubsi.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

Juggaman will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: Boosted
362 post might not make me an expert but I am a moderator, so I must know a little something about the 2k1 civics. [hr]
I'm gonna have to disagree with that statement. Just 'cuz you're a moderator, doesn't mean you have to know a damn thing. I'm not saying you don't know anything, because I don't know you. Its just a general statement.

As far as the guage question goes, my bro has a 2000 vic...I will check it out when I get home to see how similar they are.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

You are right... I stand corrected.... I am however very knowledgeable when it comes to the Honda Civic. Although the majority of my experience has come from 1/4 mile Big Block Chevy's and 4x4's; I have learned alot about the 2001 Civic over the last 8 months from my own LX.

As far as what I know, you will just have to take my word on it or you can put my knowledge to the test with some of the DIY's that I have posted.

TKS
Boosted.
Old 06-18-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
all of you that are flaming boosted grow up. he was trying to get some info out that he thought was new.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

HTOWNBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: APS
Thats really cool man. I have been looking for a pillar pod for some time now. Thanks. By the way did you find out if the 2000 one does fit?[hr]
the 2000 civic pod will not fit. i tried it

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] 2K1CIVIC1solo.JPG (31 Kb)
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

Ok.... Thanks for clearing that up. When I got the email this morning, I thought that it would be good news.

Oh well we can still hope.

TKS
Boosted
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

neocivicracer is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the word moderator was in reference to computers not civics, damn we all must be moderators???[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i bought a gauge pod that said 2k1 civic, but when it arrived, i got a 98 civic pod. was told it would fit. it didnt, so i put mine here:

also i have heard of people on this forum putting them in their cupholders, doesnt do too much for useability, but definitely wins points for creativity! (noone will show pics tho [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] )

just gotta be creative and use a bit of imagination, you can put them many many places [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

Htown says it doesn't fit so you take his word for , but when i say it doesn't fir because someone has tried it before you don't believe me. Thank you moderator you have been so helpful in helping me out.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

NukeSilo is an unknown quantity at this point
whoaaaaa howd you get that playboy bunny there??? [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
oh that hahaa. I have no AC in my car, but when i took apart the console for various reasons, i found a switch there. thought id get that button, then i could use that switch, it was a passing project, i got the schematic design right in front of me (i need stuff like flip flops to make it an on/off circuit, instead of a momentary one) so its not hooked up yet.

but basically, i could hook it up to anything i wanted. neons, stereo, nitrous (yeah, right)

but yeah, thats easy too, i made a printout on a floppy disk label, then cut and paste. a couple layers of clearcoat, and some sand work with the dremel, folowed by some more clear claot, and a final polish job makes that look nice'n pretty.

edit: i have kind of a theme going in my car.... see if you can find the other bunny...

Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

Canter69 is an unknown quantity at this point
got it, bottom right corner, so do i get my prize now or later????

Quick Reply: Full Pilar Pod