Honda Navigation System -- will fit Civic - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2002   #1  
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Navigation System -- will fit Civic

Honda Automotive Parts -- DVD Navigation System for Odyssey

this is the optional navigation system for the odyssey. it's the same system in my dad's acura TL, and the same hardware as in the optional nav for the JDM civic. so, for anyone with $2500 to spend... this would be quite nice [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

the LCD/computer unit itself is only like $1900, but add in all the other mounting stuff, the antenna, the software... it adds up quick. i dunno... i'd LOVE to have the nav system, but i dunno if it's a $2500 love...

EDIT: the title was NOT a question -- the unit fits the hole in the console perfectly. anyone who has removed both the stock head unit and tray will know what I'm talking about... no trim kit is necessary, it drops right in the rectangular-shaped opening.
bhayes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #2  
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be surprised if i pushed a button and this is what pops up : You are now lost!
Macko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #3  
Nj
Registered!!

Nj is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: Macko
I'd be surprised if i pushed a button and this is what pops up : You are now lost![hr]
lol that's the type of luck I have

Nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #4  
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
looks nice but i guess i'd rather get an Alpine or Eclipse headunit with navigation. just my opinion, although i wouldn't mind have any type of navigation [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
01civicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #5  
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
alpine's navigation system is ~$2000, right?

i do find it interesting that a $400 handheld GPS device will do pretty much the same thing, just without the color screen. the markup on those in-dash navigation systems and DVD players is unbelievable.

a good 8" LCD costs $300, and that's on the expensive side. stick that in your dash, hook it up to a $150 pentium 150MHz/64mb machine with a serial cable to the $200 delorme gps unit, and a $50 inverter to power the PC. in-dash GPS for $700...

hmph. still needs to be cheaper...

anyways, did anyone know that the factory head units are made by alpine, and the speakers are pioneer? just a little FYI [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
bhayes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #6  
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
Kinda useless here...useful in Europe where you have many different languages and highway systems.
Silver2k1Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #7  
Registered!!

pdxbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love that, I rather have that then aftermarket ones since I like it to look like stock or factory.
pdxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #8  
Registered!!

XoULaBeAT is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree. but man that's pretty expensive. i haven't actually touched a honda/acura navvy system but is it a touch-screen? if it is, that's tiiight.
XoULaBeAT is offline   Reply With Quote