Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Honda Navigation System -- will fit Civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40816-honda-navigation-system-will-fit-civic.html)

bhayes82 06-14-2002 10:50 PM

Honda Navigation System -- will fit Civic

Honda Automotive Parts -- DVD Navigation System for Odyssey

this is the optional navigation system for the odyssey. it's the same system in my dad's acura TL, and the same hardware as in the optional nav for the JDM civic. so, for anyone with $2500 to spend... this would be quite nice [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

the LCD/computer unit itself is only like $1900, but add in all the other mounting stuff, the antenna, the software... it adds up quick. i dunno... i'd LOVE to have the nav system, but i dunno if it's a $2500 love...

EDIT: the title was NOT a question -- the unit fits the hole in the console perfectly. anyone who has removed both the stock head unit and tray will know what I'm talking about... no trim kit is necessary, it drops right in the rectangular-shaped opening.

Macko 06-15-2002 01:00 AM

I'd be surprised if i pushed a button and this is what pops up : You are now lost!

Nj 06-15-2002 01:05 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: Macko
I'd be surprised if i pushed a button and this is what pops up : You are now lost![hr]
lol that's the type of luck I have

01civicboi 06-15-2002 01:12 AM

looks nice but i guess i'd rather get an Alpine or Eclipse headunit with navigation. just my opinion, although i wouldn't mind have any type of navigation [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

bhayes82 06-15-2002 01:43 AM

alpine's navigation system is ~$2000, right?

i do find it interesting that a $400 handheld GPS device will do pretty much the same thing, just without the color screen. the markup on those in-dash navigation systems and DVD players is unbelievable.

a good 8" LCD costs $300, and that's on the expensive side. stick that in your dash, hook it up to a $150 pentium 150MHz/64mb machine with a serial cable to the $200 delorme gps unit, and a $50 inverter to power the PC. in-dash GPS for $700...

hmph. still needs to be cheaper...

anyways, did anyone know that the factory head units are made by alpine, and the speakers are pioneer? just a little FYI [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Silver2k1Dood 06-15-2002 05:37 AM

Kinda useless here...useful in Europe where you have many different languages and highway systems.

pdxbiker 06-15-2002 01:46 PM

I would love that, I rather have that then aftermarket ones since I like it to look like stock or factory.

XoULaBeAT 06-15-2002 01:47 PM

i agree. but man that's pretty expensive. i haven't actually touched a honda/acura navvy system but is it a touch-screen? if it is, that's tiiight.