Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Springs for show and street

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Springs for show and street

My buddy has a 95 Accord that is a daily driver that he also takes to shows. He has lowering springs and just put on a body kit, and now the car is too low to drive. So he needs some adjustable height springs so he can raise the car to drive, and lower it to show. He doesn't want to go with full coilovers, but just wants some decent springs that can be ride height adjusted and still use his stock type shocks.

I need some input from people who have experience and recommendations for springs that will hold up, last, but not really too expensive.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
UHHHHHHH, whats teh question? You put springs in, thats it. Your stuck with the ride height teh springs settle in at. The only thing coilovers do is raise and lower the bottom point of the springs on a seat so that he can extend the strut body closer or farther from maximum compression. Although if anyone knows where to get a set of adjustable springs i would LOVE to know... But seroiusly, i think hes SOL unless he wants to take apart his suspension for every show and swap out springs (very time consuming compared to lifting the corner of the car and spinning around a collar on a threaded sleeve a few turns....) Otherwise the only other real solution i can think of is AIRBAGS, but that again is very time consuming and i have heard a lot of people complain how the car rides as a daily driver.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The H&R cup-kit looks good, 2" drop and it is height & damper adjustable. Of course, it is not out for the 2k1 Civic yet but they said Summer so hopefully anytime now. It is available for the 95 Accord.
Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

I thought this was clear.

"So he needs some adjustable height springs so he can raise the car to drive, and lower it to show."

Are you saying that something like Ground Controls won't raise or lower the car?
Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

[hr]Originally posted by: SQCivic
The H&R cup-kit looks good, 2" drop and it is height & damper adjustable. Of course, it is not out yet but they said Summer so hopefully anytime now.[hr]

Thanks, I'll look into that.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Bartkat - I edited my message above. The H&R cup-kit is available for the 95 Accord.
Old 06-09-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i'm not usually picky about his but since it deals with the topic...
ground controls are adjustable springs not coilovers. (yes i and 95% of other people still call them coilovers however). they are also called sleeved coilovers.
Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

That's why I asked about adjustable springs. The topic here is springs............
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
I see why your trying to emphasize the difference between ground controls and tein coilovers, but doesn't most advertisement call ground controls and skunks coilovers??? So I guess it's short for coilover sleeve like your saying. I dunno, the term adjustable spring just doesn't make much sense to me. You don't adjust the spring...ya know...haha. But the term coilover sleeve makes perfect sense. Most places just call a Tein coilover as a True Coilover setup. Thats what i've seen, but I've never seen ads call ground controls or skunks as adjustable springs.
Old 06-10-2002
Premium Member

Hey look guys, I didn't ask what to call them, I asked for people with experience to make recommendations as to what we could use on this car. I already said "not true coilovers" so that's not in the picture. If you just want to quibble, please find another thread. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]