Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

INJEN CAI AND AUSTRALIAN GLI MODEL

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quiver is an unknown quantity at this point
INJEN CAI AND AUSTRALIAN GLI MODEL

Hey

I cant find any CAI's over here so i was thinking of importing one...

Does anyone know what the diff between the DX/EX etc and the Aust GLI is and will it fit in my engine bay (remember if got Right hand drive)

Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
what's the displacement of the engine? i know the JDM civic has a 1.5L in most models, except for the top-of-the-line civic which has the same 1.7L VTEC as the US EX.

if it's the 1.7L, there shouldn't be too many issues with installing it. if it's the 1.5L, it might take a bit more work -- but i can't see how that engine would be radically different from the others.

the bottom line is that there's a way to make it fit. you might have to throw away the mounting brackets and make your own method of bracing the pipe... but other than that, it should be fine. the hardest thing you'd have to do is cut a section of the pipe to make it fit somewhere... but even that isn't a huge deal.

my friend (nonbiasjeepowner) bought several generic 5th-gen (92-95) civic intakes off ebay for $20 (US) each. he rigged them to fit perfectly inside a '97 ford probe (4-cyl), '95 jeep grand cherokee (V8), '89 jeep wrangler (i6), and a '97 civic LX. all he needed to do was cut a few inches off some of the tubes, and/or add some 3" rubber pipe couplings at the hardware store. if he can rig a civic intake in to a V8 Jeep, i'm sure you can make it fit [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

B390LU is an unknown quantity at this point
hey quiver.....whereabout in oz are u?I'm in perth and I did a custom intake with K&N pod and it sounds good. I had a performance shop did it for me.What modifications have u done to your car till now so maybe we can exchange some information here.The aftermarket parts for our car is really slow here in oz,the only thing I can find is H&R lowering springs and eibach.I even called the main distributor of koni shocks based here and they said it's not even produced yet and it's been out for quite sometime in the states.Well,importing parts from the States is not a really good idea considering the shipping and handling cost.The only thing I have imported was a reverse indiglo gauge and now I'm waiting for someone to review the Bectec height adjustable struts which may interest me.Keep in touch bro.Thx
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

quiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man
Im in melbourne, the only things ive done is cleared head lights, lowered 40mm on king springs, 17" rims, altezza tailights, custom made extractors and 2 1/4 exhaust system with magna flow tip. ive been looking at body kits on the web for so long now and there is nothing over here it sucks.. i inquired about getting a turbo but they wanted to charge me about 8k - yeah right like im going to pay that much

Ive ordered a short shift from a a place in melb - there a mail order place which might help you out so check em out here ---> http://www.vpwmailorder.com

These guys said they will import a Injen CAI for me but it will cost A$490 which is ok since i got quoted A$380 for a K&N SRI. but still its fairly expensive for not much performance difference

Youre so right about nothing being over here its terrible there is heaps of **** for civics up to '00 but nothing after that...

Cheers
Old 06-07-2002
Registered!!

B390LU is an unknown quantity at this point
I think A$490 for the injen CAI is not worth it since u must have read in this website that intakes don't yield that much improvement for our car. My idea is to go to a good performance shop and and tell them to make an intake with K&N filter pod.About your custom-made extractors,are they any good performance wise?Oops gtg I'll reply agan later.