Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Looking For Decent souding Muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soulphire is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking For Decent souding Muffler?

Hey Yall
Im looking for a decently priced muffler. Dont need a catback because i dont need performance just want sound. Just want something I can weld into my stock catback. Any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

PLATINUMx213 is an unknown quantity at this point
I GOTTA TANABE RACING MEDALLION CANISTER FOR MY EX COUPE, WIT RESONATOR TAKEN OUT, IT SOUNDS NICE

DEEP BASSed , AND NONE OF THAT FLYIN MOSQUITO SOUNDS, NA MEAN~?
Old 06-04-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I know what you mean. You mean you're going to try to remember your CAPS LOCK so that it's easier to read your posts. And we all appreciate it. Welcome to the site, Newbie! Just trying to tell you nicely before someone else decides to flame you.
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr] GOTTA TANABE RACING MEDALLION CANISTER FOR MY EX COUPE, WIT RESONATOR TAKEN OUT, IT SOUNDS NICE[hr]
Another wannabe thug.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

Soulphire is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey where did you get that tanabe canister at?
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Soulphire
Hey Yall
Im looking for a decently priced muffler. Dont need a catback because i dont need performance just want sound. Just want something I can weld into my stock catback. Any suggestions?[hr]
You might as well get a catback because the exhaust alone provides extremely little performance for the Civic. So keep this in mind... whatever exhaust you choose to buy would be about two things:

1. How it looks
2. How it sounds

If you want an exhaust that doesn't have much of a high volume then I suggest you look into the:

Magnaflow Catback Exhaust system

As far as I know, this is the quietest exhaust system available for the Civic that I know of. For everyone else, I was once told that the louder the exhaust, the better it performs - this is not the case. Guys who run high 15s in their Civics appeared to be equipped with this exhaust. You get somewhat of a slight noticable gain and so far this is the only exhaust that I know of that showed some gains in th 1/4 by helping the basic bolt ons (along with some other small modifications) in the car cut a little over 1/2 a second off the average time for the Civic. I think this exhaust retails at around $300.

If you want an exhaust that has a high volume I suggest you look into these two:

GReddy EVO Catback Exhaust system

Skunk2 Megapower Catback Exhaust system
Click here for a picture - go to the Exhaust section.

In terms of sound, I think these two are pretty much the same. Their sounds are very deep and smooth from low rpms to high RPMs... in fact, it sounds awesome at high RPMs. They look different, and I guess choosing which one to suit your needs is typically about appearance and functionality. There are a handfull of people on this site who have the GReddy EVO, and same goes for Skunk2 owners (such as myself.) These two are pretty loud, but not as loud as custom piping could bring you. (That an a ticket from your friendly neighborhood police officer.) Skunk2 however is the only one that comes with a silencer you put in the muffler to pinch down the volume a lil' (about 1/4 to 1/3 of the volume without the silencer on it). If it's sound that you want, these are the two exhausts I'd recommend. The GReddy EVO retails at around $600 (I think) and so does the Skunk2 (which is $650). You can get a good hook-up for these exhaust if you send a PM to JBlazeVA. He got me my Skunk2 for $500 (along with a lot of other people, too.) He's also a good friend of mine so give him your attention if you're seriously interested.

That's all I have to contribute...