Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Increasing Top Speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sosojef is an unknown quantity at this point
Increasing Top Speed

I wanted to know if there were parts to buy to increase our car's top speed. Sorry I really don't know much about cars but I am continuing to learn by your responses, so thanks. I always end up losing against cars because my engine cuts off at around 120 mph. Sucks.

"To all the people in front of me, GET OUT THE WAY BI+ch, GIT OWT DA WAY!!!"
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
get bigger tires. that say type-R.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Duckor is an unknown quantity at this point
doesnt getting a new chip remove the governer?
i dunno[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Well its one thing to remove the governer, its another to have the power to get up there. I havent topped out my car, but i hear it takes quite a bit of road to do so. The Apex'i Rev/Speed Limiter allows you to set a different top speed, along with a different redline, and so on. My friend has a 97 prelude and got the Rev/Speed limiter, he topped his car out in stock form at 153mph, with the Rev/Speed topped out at over 160mph. But on the otehr hand, its easier for them to get up there. I went with my friend to top his 2000 prelude out, it didnt take long at all to get to 145mph, thats has high as he wanted to go, but it still had power to boot. I would worry about your 0-60mph, and 1/4 times first. Get enough power and torque to kick around, then mess with top speed. Cause whats the use of changing your top speed, when it takes 10min to get up there?
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Ya true true. Try racing downhill This can get your top speed quick. Mad speed!!Haha but don't do it a lot though.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
tires and wheels are gonna be the biggest difference for our cars. The other idea is to get a new engine but way $$
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

man i wish I had more cash $$ money[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
don't we all [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
wait this is a serious thread? are you an idiot?
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Stop talkin shi+ rabbit[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

did you not read the tragic death post? why on earth would you want to be able to go faster? even if you COULD easily remove the speed govenor, how long do you think your stock tires could hold out? sucks that it cuts off at 120 mph? that is the only thing that has saved your life, saved your tires from ripping to shreds and letting your slide out form under you!

that speed govenor which so carelessly seek to kill has saved yoru life EVERY time you hit the speed govenor!

follow the speed limit, please, do us all a favor. there are speed laws for a reason!

what the hell buisness do you have driving on public roads over 120? even AT 120? hell, even 100?? you have no right!

and if you mention the track, i call bs on you. youve never taken your car to the track, you dont track race, if you did you wouldnt need this forum's help to get you over 120. your talking about driving rediculous speeds on public highways, and if i or my buddy who lives in ssf ever see you driving in south san fran above 100, im calling the popo and handing them your plates.

i cant believe there are people out there like you. type R stickers and suck, thats just poor taste. but +120? thats just plain poor judgement. shame on you.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
**starts to clap slowly, looks around for others to join in . . . **

sorry but i had to :-P .... but good call rabbit, i've been thinking stuff like that every time i see these kind of posts, but never said anything myself..... bravo.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

i wouldnt be so merciless had there not been the tragic death thread up in general or wherever so recently. unbelieveable.

"so he died?"
"yeah"
"my sympathies, man........ so how do i take the speed govenor off my car again?"
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
get an rsm...rev speed meter..
dat can cut of your top speed.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Bigdaddyd59 is an unknown quantity at this point
first of all its very easy to top out your car in the highway especially downhill plus with the use of nitrous it sholuld be even faster. I personally think if you want to kill yourself racing its your life. I have topped my car several times and r looking to do the same thing. Plus if you get an open streach of road you can get there easily.
Old 05-28-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Get 12 inch wheels and 35 profile tires. You won't be going any faster but your speedo will top out and make you feel better.

Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
I second WhiteRabbit. Take it to the Salt Flats for that shizzle. Hey Bartkat: I've missed you on the boards. Do you still have your teeth?
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

Shuttup you silly rabbitt!! I was only askin for an answer and not a stupid lecture from your A$$. No i didnt go on track and so what. Saying that won't prove shi+. Ya so what if I do go at those speeds. Hater........
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

No Sosojef, some people are just so freaking stupid that sometimes you are compelled to speak up. It's not hating.
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

ok ok[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member

<< I second WhiteRabbit. Take it to the Salt Flats for that shizzle. Hey Bartkat: I've missed you on the boards. Do you still have your teeth? >>

I have my teeth in a giant jar of Effrodent for cleaning. They are easily removed and installed as the need arises. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] Teeth_Cropped.JPG (32 Kb)
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

Dig those teeth. And I dig those moments when the need arises. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member

<< Dig those teeth. And I dig those moments when the need arises. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] >>

Teeth, bright lights, and Highway Blaster horn make them big trucks get out of the way. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

what kind of horn do you have?
Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member

<< what kind of horn do you have? >>

It's a Fllam Highway Blaster High note. I think it cost 10 or $12 at Advance Auto parts. I want to also get the Low note and try to tie them in parallel. Supposed to be 120 Decibles the way it is now.

sounds much better than the little "beep beep" OE horn.
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

You need to put a DIY on that up on the board. I have no idea how to install a horn, but that would be something I'd be interested in.
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I wanted to know if there were parts to buy to increase our car's top speed. Sorry I really don't know much about cars but I am continuing to learn by your responses, so thanks. I always end up losing against cars because my engine cuts off at around 120 mph. Sucks.

"To all the people in front of me, GET OUT THE WAY BI+ch, GIT OWT DA WAY!!!"
>>

LMAO[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Look at this kids quote, im just waiting for the day when he tries a roll on with...pretty much any other type of coupe or sedan. i mean really, kids these days should be told by parents, elders...anyone before they buy slow cars that unless they dump another 10 grand on it, it will never be fast. besides highway racing is just plain retarded.
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Sosojef:

Are you a fricking moron?!?!?!?

Let me address your question with as many answers as I can:

Question: "Ya so what if I do go at those speeds"

Answers:

1. It's illegal. You should be paying tickets, paying insurance hikes, and probably have your liscence revoked because I'm guessing you've done it 3 times or more, constituting a reckless driving charge, which is a crime.

2. You're going to end up killing yourself. "But I'm a good driver . . . " Ya. We all are. And even if you ARE a good driver, that doesn't mean anything. If one of the best drivers in the world, in a car that is BUILT for racing, can get himself killed (of course i'm speaking of Earndhart), than OF COURSE you can in a cheap compact like a civic (I'm NOT hating on civics here or anything, but I didn't exactly buy the car with handling capabilities as my top priority). You are NOT invincible, no matter what you think. I'm sure you are the kind of person that, upon hearing statistics about crashes at certain speeds and what injuries the average person will sustain from them, says "not me, i'm tougher than that, I wouldn't get hurt...." moron.

3. You're going to end up killing others. Even if you are SO confident in your driving skills that you feel there is NO way that you could ever cause an accident, try this situation on for size: Someone changes lanes right into your lane, and slows down really fast for some reason. Normally this accident would cause car damage, and maybe a broken bone and bruises and stuff like that. If you drive at the speeds you desire, this will most likely end up in a loss of life, either yours OR the other persons.

If these reasons aren't enough for you, than you really are stupid and don't deserve to read the kind of intelligent things that people like me and rabbit try to tell you.
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

CivicSouldja is an unknown quantity at this point
And that goes for everyone who even thought of doing such an act

Quick Reply: Increasing Top Speed