heres an idea... - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2002   #1  
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
heres an idea...

i just thought of this- why dont they make radio controlled side markers? so that theres no need to cut any holes in your body! has anyone ever heard of such a thing? if developed- they should be too expensive- i mean its just a light! oh, i just remembered about power, yeah i guess batteries would drain pretty quick....hmmph
SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002   #2  
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
oh, like wireless side markers?
That are magnetic so that you don't have to drill holes?
lol, you might have something there...
AEMcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002   #3  
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
first of all, the magnet would have to be pretty strong and such so that the thing won't fly off when you are going 80mpg down the highway

2ndly, the thing have to be secured someway to prevent theft, and from moving around

3rd the frequency can't match with anything on the car

must be a small battery, and small battery gives almost no power
Voiceofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002   #4  
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
well- considering todays technology- we can use high intensity low power leds instead of bulbs, and actualy there are some very powerful/long lasting small batteries out there- lithium ion ones. like the ones use for cameras. it doesnt have to be magnetic, it can be stuck on with some crazy double sided tape. or- if its gonna be permenant anyway, i guess u can just screw it in. hmmm- and i was just thinking....my electric razor is very strange- its waterproof. It doesnt have any external battery terminals to charge with when place in its holster/charger. the charge is somehow transfered through the plastic- its very peculiar. then again- its plastic, not sheet metal like on a car.
SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote