Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

ANOTHER KONI BLOWN

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
ANOTHER KONI BLOWN

Okay so me and my friend were driving in my car today and he tells me I think one of your front shocks is blown. I was like yeah right. He told me his car rides a little smoother than mine and we both have the same suspension mods with the same ride height and same tires. So we get to his house and we check out the front driverside because it is where it rubs sometimes. When we pulled out the shock we pulle the shock down and it didn't go up. He said it is supposed to go up right away if it was good. We put it back in. NOw I am very pissed off and feel like kicking Konis ***. I mean this is my second shock that messed up. The first one wasn't blown but the adjusting **** broke off. I checked that shock that was already messed up and when I pulled the shock down it went right up. So now I know it is blown but to me it rides the same. I am going to go back to the place where I bought it and tell them I will need another one since they have lifetime warranty. right[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] If they try to fu (k me over I will beat some ***[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

PRCIVIC2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn dude sory to hear that, hopefullly you will get it for free.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

Outkast27 is an unknown quantity at this point
KONI and Neuspeed both suck!!!
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

I just came back from Westheimer and I was riding 3 deep. My car didn't even rub. It felt as if the strut isn't even blown. But I know it is because I saw it for myself. I am going to take it back and get another won. It shouldn't be any charge since they have lifetime warranty, right[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

<< KONI and Neuspeed both suck!!! >>

You want to back that statement up with a few facts?
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

I have two blown Koni's and a garage full of Neusoeed springs and none of them work properly. The race Springs are so low the front tire is in the fender well. So they sent me some Sports for just the front...Guess what they suck too! In one last attemp to fix it they sent some some "Protoype SI springs" or at least that's what Armel at Neusoeed calle them. They are green w/ no writing, they are as tall as the stock ones. I seriusly doubt I will put them on, I'm going to sell all 8 springs and do it right with Ground Control or Sprint Springs. My buddy has sonme Sprints on his civic, that bitch is slammed and his ride is great, he even has stock shocks on it still...Again Neuspeed Sucks!~
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Hey Outkast, the Konis that are blown are they for the 2k1s? Are you going to return them for new ones since theya re under warranty?
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Outkast27 - I've searched the forums and can't find anyone else who has had the problems you have had with the Neuspeed springs. Makes me wonder if there is something else in the mix causing the problems.
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Does anyone know why the hell would my Konis blow? What would cause this to happen? Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

I thought about it long and hard as well, Neuspeed even got the strut schematic from Honda to reevaluate the design. I know the instal was correct, I've done it 10 times over the course of the last few months. I traded that car (the problematic one) in on a 2002 Black EX 5 speed, it's so fun to drive I don't think I'm going to screw with the suspension, Tennessee roads suck!
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

pmau is an unknown quantity at this point
TOOLOWCIVIC - How firm did you adjust your konis? How low is your drop? All of these could be a factors as to why your konis blew. Just because you put in konis doesn't mean they won't blow. If you set your konis on the firmest for everyday driving, it will blow your konis unless the roads are really smooth. Or your drop might have lead to your konis being blown. Too low of a drop will blow your konis unless you drive really slow.
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

1.5 inch drop maybe it was 2 inch drop but I had it set at smooth all the way. Like I said my car rides good but for some reason when I looked at the front strut it was down and it didn't come up. It should be hard to push down and should automatically come right back up. My car doesn't even bottom out and if you puch down on the car it feels stiff. Not like when I had my factory shocks. With my factory shocks and Ground Control if you pushed the car down it wasn't stiff it would bounce.
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

pmau is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i'm not sure, but I heard that ground controls aren't stiff so it MIGHT add added strain to the konis. It's better to use set spring rates like eibachs, neuspeeds, H & R's, etc.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Well i'm not sure, but I heard that ground controls aren't stiff so it MIGHT add added strain to the konis. It's better to use set spring rates like eibachs, neuspeeds, H & R's, etc. >>

Ground Control coilovers are fairly stiff - they are actually Eibach springs with an adjustable perch.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

They are made from Eibach. I was told that Ground Control or any coilover is very stiff as compared to springs.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

Perfectcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Toolow check out that thread I think in Products and Parts where the guy said for the 2k1s konis they didnt ship out a white plastic disc for the fronts I think. May be your problem
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my front Koni inserts was blown when I slid it into the OEM strut casing and tightened the bolt. I did everything right but I had fresh shock fluid leaking out and the strut compressed and wouldn't come back up like the rest of the shocks.

Warranty is taking care of this.

TJ
Old 06-12-2002
Registered!!

01Ex is an unknown quantity at this point
What did you have to do for the warenty? did you have to send yours in and wait to get a new one? did they send you one and then you send yours in x amount of days.....?
Old 06-12-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I called Koni and described the problem with my shock. They told me that in order for them to send out a shock prior to receiving the blown one that they needed a credit card #. This is in case they don't receive the blown one back. Anyway, they sent the replacement out UPS Ground 3-day Select.

I've got two new Koni shocks up front and they're working good. I have them set at 180 degrees from full soft. The two rear shocks have worked fine from the start. My car is lowered with Ground Control. My stock tires are tucked slightly front and rear (a little more in the front). So far so good.

TJ
Old 06-12-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Koni's and Eibach ProKit. Everything is fine, tracks straight, corners good. Got the fronts set on a half turn and the rears set on full soft.