Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

B&G price went down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
B&G price went down!!!

I've been looking and waiting for a full coil over setup. Tein isn't coming out till the end of summer. JIC is cout soon, but is a new company in America, but heard was very good in Japan. The one setup that's been out for awhile was the B&G setup for 1600, but it's now at 1300 in the parts section. I don't know too much about B&G except that it has an automatic bleed system for dampning, but is that necessarily better than a manually adjustable dampning system? Note that all these setups are near the same price, but B&G still the most expensive of the three. I want adjustability, but not the bounciness of typical coil over sleeves like ground control and skunk. What I want to know is should I wait for the JIC or Tein to come out, or should I go with B&G? I know the price is still steep, compared to a koni and ground control setup, but for the ride comfort, it's worth it to me. I want my car to have the stance of most sport cars. They come out the dealer low and firm handling, but still retain a comfortable ride. I just hope these kind of setups will somewhat mimic these cars. I hope I can get a few opinions and ideas out there and sorry for the long post.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

artychris is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in the same position as you... I don't believe in sleeve coilovers... I am looking at either the Intrax or B&G. The B&G is an ideal system because it has a dual spring design and a floating bumpstop. So in the design itself, it's a progressive rate coilover designed to be used in all situations... The Intrax ARS is along the same designs except it doesn't have that healthy looking bumpstop that the B&G has, but makes up for it in a slightly longer stroke in the shock chamber. If you're looking for something for everyday use, then go with the B&G... if you take your car to the track (ever) then go with the Intrax... JIC and Tein are Excellent companies... There's nothing but Praise for their innovative and superior products... but, they are designed with more racing in mind... simply put with no compromises... that can translate into a unnecessarily harsh ride for daily driving. Let's keep in mind that the tuning and suspension mentality in Japan is very different from the American mentality.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
I can get them for just under $1,200 and I can let you know how they ride on like Monday my boy is getting them and he is gonna let me know what they feel like.

For clarification I was speaking of the B and G coilovers.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
you want to know why the sleeve coils are bouncy. Its is b/c most people put them on their stock shocks. When you the sleeves you are suppose to change the shocks to stiffer ones to counter the stiffer springs. Shocks are not shock absorbers but dampers that dampen the bounciness of the springs/coils. Why do you think that full coils are better esp ones with adjustable dampening. The Nex coils are great esp for the price. I had them but are going to get the JIC over the summer. I had been unemployed for a while, money is a must if I want to buy them.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

DonJuan is an unknown quantity at this point
2cute: where did you get your set from?

Are you doin the install yourself?

I got B&G's as well and was looking to do the installation tommorrow morning.

Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Like I said my boy is getting them and he will do the install himself. Do you need help on your's? Cuz I can help if needed. I can get them through a friend of mine for just under $1,200 like I said. I can get them for anyone for that price. If you can find a better price let me know I can get it matched. I want the Tein Type Flex coils but by the time they get here I am hoping I will be out of this car so we will see what happens. As far as the Nex coils are concerned they are no longer for sale from what I hear. I was told their catalogs say do not sell.

<< The Nex coils are great esp for the price >>

When did you get yours ASWZero? The ones that I saw for our cars SUCKED there were MAJOR design problems. There was a problem with the control arm and a few other things that caused MAJOR oversteer problems. Either way they sucked.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

That's great 2cute. Can't wait to hear your review about them. If they're good, I'll be ready to buy them from your hookup. I was wondering though, what do you mean by the time Tein comes out with the Flex, you hope you'll be out of your car? Thanks for the info artychris, very helpful.
Old 05-20-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
Man I have no idea what to choose too.

blowing 1,000+ on suspension is a really big decisions. Its easier to buy bunch of 100 dollar stuff... even though they add up to grands... hmm.

what to go for. and afte rthat, I gotta find a reputable shop to put it in for me too. dont think I can do this myself.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

<< I was wondering though, what do you mean by the time Tein comes out with the Flex, you hope you'll be out of your car? >>

Tein has a coilover called the Tein Type Flex. Well I should say they have them in Japan. They are supose to be getting here within the next 6 months or so. They run aproximatly $3,200. They are some bad a$$ coils though. Definatly not for the daily driver. As far as being out of my car. I happened to get one of those wonderful 7th gen civics that is a f*cking piece of ****. I am in litigation for it right now and I'm hoping to be in a new car before they get here.

<< Man I have no idea what to choose too. >>

<< blowing 1,000+ on suspension is a really big decisions. Its easier to buy bunch of 100 dollar stuff... even though they add up to grands... hmm. >>

<< what to go for. and afte rthat, I gotta find a reputable shop to put it in for me too. dont think I can do this myself. >>

Personally I would go for the suspension first. I don't know what you have done to your car BUT I think it is better to have the suspension done first. That way your car is more capable of handling the power that you add without the bodyroll and stability difficulties but that's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

Capyoda: If your going to lower your car with adjustables, your going to be spening a grand anyways. Konis will put you up to 550 and ground controls or skunks will cost you 300+. Installation for those are going to be a lot more than the B&G because you gotta cut and gut your old struts up. So the Koni and ground control setup will be about a grand too. You can go for the spring setup with konis which will cost you about 800+. Your choice. If 2cute can get them for under 1200, that'd be awesome, and I bet these are alot easier to install, because all you gotta do is take off the whole old strut system and bolt on the new ones.

2cute: How's your boy doing? He get them in today, right? Was wondering about the ride and if there were any difficulties putting them in.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

My boy is MIA today so I can't ask him. I will talk to him tomorrow. I'm sure he had no problems with the install but I will try and find out for sure first thing tomorrow morning.

<< and I bet these are alot easier to install, because all you gotta do is take off the whole old strut system and bolt on the new ones. >>

Coils can be a pain in the a$$ to install. I know the Teins are kinda difficult cuz everything comes in Japanese. When my hubby and his boy put the Teins on the Celica they were having a difficult time cuz EVERYTHING was in Japanese. It was hard to tell which were which and what went on front. BUT they B and G should be no problem. They should ba a lot easier.
I think the exact price I can get them for is $1,195 plus aprox $20 - $30 shipping to the 48 continental US and I think since you are in Cali it may be a little cheaper NOT SURE.
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

Alright guys I went up to my boys house yesterday and we put on the coilovers. (sorry it took so long) They ride good they are a bit bouncy for my taste but I like a VERY tight suspension. Of course they aren't broken in either they will most likely tighten up with that. Anyhow for the coils in the price range they are the best in my opinion. The Weapon-R, NEX, and like Skunk 2s I didn't like at all so I wouldsay go with B and G.
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

B and G coils for sale
Old 05-23-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
hmm. well, I did made up my mind to go full coilover, but, I'm not sure which brand at all...

your 1 grand pricing plus 30 bucks shipping is really, really tempting.. aiyah. what to do. lol.
Old 05-23-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
what's the drop range for B&G?
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

They are coilovers therefore they are adjustable.
Yoda yes they are progressive springs so there is no need to adjust the dampning.
Old 05-24-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
I only ask because I know some adjustible springs range from 0-3" while others may only range from 1-3". i wanna know if these B&G coilovers can return my car to it's normal height if I wish to. I'm trying to decide between Ground Controls (w/ KONIs) or B&G coilovers.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
2cute, how low did your friend drop his car? Do you think it rides better than a car with Ground Control and Konis?
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Honestly I don't know. No on I know has that set up on a 7th gen civic. The coils are great as far as handeling. I'm not kidding when I say I like a VERY tight suspension(I got used to being in a 84 RX-7 so I know what tight is). My boy loves the B&Gs and my hubby liked them too. Honestly if I wasn't trying to get rid of my car I would put them on my car. My boy dropped his car all the way. B&G That is a link to the list on them. The part number is GF28012 but I don't think it is on there.
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

HippyCivicEX012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is a price of 1250 to 1300 a good price for b&gs froma store?
The person i spoke with said he sells them for 1500 but can give them to me for the price i listed above
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Check the marketplace, d00d.

<< B and G coils for sale >>

Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

HippyCivicEX012 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got mine for 1250 shipped