Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

~~~~>BLITZ FILTER<~~~~

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
~~~~>BLITZ FILTER<~~~~

Hey, I just got done reading some ImportTuners,Sports Compact Cars, Super Streets, and Turbo. And I was just flipping through pages for some high quality intake filter. I came across ONE filter that my eyes keep on staring out to see if its true or not. But is amazing how much HP it got from a 97 supra. All they did was buy some cheap intake, and replace the filter it came a BLITZ filter for, I think $250 and came across 20 HP at the wheel!. If I put that in my car, man, I would Haul .A$$ if I got that much. Well, I will SCAN the page tomorrow about the blitz filter cuz I feel sleepy now. Man DC header is like $300 and only produces like 2.5 HP[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] while you can just replace your K&N filter or INjen or whatever you have for a Blitz that is less then the DC header and that probably get you higher horses! with TORQUE...LOL..hope its true.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw that little shpeel in the mag. Im sure that it is true (20whp), but have you ever noticed how much hp that car gets from all the otehr mods that you can do to it? A downpipe adds like 25hp, intake 15hp, exhaust 20hp. The gains that our car would get from something like that, are probably minimal. Sucks a big one huh? Oh well.
Old 05-08-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
it increased the hp so much in the supra because from the factory it's a straight 6 with 320hp and 315 ft. lbs. of torque at the crank. Basically what I'm saying is that from the factory it is a powerful car to begin with while on the other hand our car has a tiny powerplant under the hood. Putting this same filter on our car will probably result in maybe a 5 hp increase. it's just kind of like saying that certain cars are more responsive to engine mods, especially those cars that have a lot of beef under the hood from the start.
Old 05-08-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
BLITZ HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR FILTERS
Old 05-08-2002
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
well, with turbos, there is so much power that is being held back. the turbo just needs more air to flow better and faster. if you have a car with turbo, you can gain 15 hp from intake and 25 from straight catback...
Old 05-08-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
It appears that's what Blitz sells. Turbo stuff. There is a disclaimer in their page that says "if you have a proper car", then you get the performance gains.

Blitz Turbo Accessories and Stuff

This is not your everyday cheapo bolt on parts.
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

aferenz is an unknown quantity at this point
import tuner did a dyno on the RSX type S the Injen CAI got close to 15hp gain. I have a have an AEM CAI and I know that it doesn't get that much. Injen's CAI doesn't for our cars either. Sorry our cars are hard to get power from
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

jungleboogie is an unknown quantity at this point
well it is a supra... a car like that is built to gain significantly with bpu... actually, all turbo cars are like that... just put in a simple basic upgrades and bayam you get pretty good hp gains
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

im definitly gonna get that filter and try it out later on when i have the $$$ and also try to dyno it if i have more $$$. but for now.. im gonna wait...for money to come to me..LOL! jk =, i have to work for money to come to me. well, anywayz ill update the picture later on cuz im at school right now! ahhh 5 more hrs![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

well, i cant upload them cuz they are too big. but i made a mistake in my first reply..they didnt buy a cheap intake..they just took out the stock turbo filter out and replace it with the blitz
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe u didnt notice, but all those advertisements usually have somewhere in REALLY SMALL PRINT....
"UP TO"...."20 hp at the wheels". dont believe everything u read....unless it came from the dyno right before ur very own eyes!
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
&lt;&lt;maybe u didnt notice, but all those advertisements usually have somewhere in REALLY SMALL PRINT....
"UP TO"...."20 hp at the wheels". dont believe everything u read....unless it came from the dyno right before ur very own eyes! &gt;&gt;

- its was a dyno performed by import tuner.
- i have already asked about the blitz filter and someone here replied that blitz filter was stainless steel and made for the supra b/c the filter itself generates a lot of he, which the supra engine could handle, but no one knows if the civic 1.7L sohc could handle all that heat.

Link to Thread
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

AlexLx is an unknown quantity at this point
the WRX gets like 25 hp from the HKS cat back and then with a unichip, ur running almost flat 13's with 1000 dollars in mods. stupid turbos making so much extra aftermarket power. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]