Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Tein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASNG is an unknown quantity at this point
Tein coilovers

I am going to apoligize ahead of time because I know this is a newbie question. I did a search, but I am not clear on the topic. I am planning on buying the tein full coilovers this summer. My question is: Do you need to buy aftermarket shocks too? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

importracerwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Full coilovers are shocks and springs as a one piece unit.
They have ride height adjustment and damping adjustment.
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

So does this mean my stock shocks wont blow? Is the full coilover system replacing my factory shocks? Im confuse.
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
full coilover system=shocks and coilovers included already...
Old 05-03-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
so when are the tien coilovers actually coming out and what is the price range.
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
i hear its going to be $$$$ [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] might be too rich for my blood.
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember guys that Tein is only offering the SS which is one of there cheaper models. For the older gen civics, it's only 1000. For us because of our strut system, it might be around 1300. That's pretty cheap if you compare that too 550 koni + 350 ground control = 900. That's abuot a $400 difference, but you won't have any problems with noise, bounciness, and what not. I also labeled the prices as msrp as I did also with the Tein or hoping that is the price. Plus also add in the thought that Koni struts are not an easy thing to install with all the cutting. I would probably get it done by a professional which would cost you another 200 bucks. Now your price difference is getting less, but you gotta remember that the Tein is top of the line and you won't get any other setup that will be as smooth unless it's a full coil over setup. The only bad thing is that I emailed Tein two days ago and got a reply today. They said scheduled release isn't until summer/fall. So don't expect it anytime soon. I believe the JIC are coming out soon, so you might want to look into that.
Old 05-04-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
thanks for the info
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Tein has quite a few coilover systems that are going to be available. The range anywhere from like $1300 to like $4000. A full coilover system like tein is basically the springs threaded onto the strut(simplest way i can explain). They will replace all factory equipment as far as the suspension is concerned. The biggest thing you need to consider in regards to coilovers is it will be a rough ride. They are adjustable but it isn't as easy as a lot of people on this site make it sound. If you have the money to blow and the knowhow and use for a full coilover system then go for it. Tein in my opinion is one of the best along with H and R or Tanabe and a few others. BUT, if you don't and I'm sorry it doesn't sound like you do I would look into things like the H and R cup kit or some of those fake coilovers like Weapon-R, Ground Control... and so on OR, buy springs and maybe replacement struts. As far as when the Teins are coming out well from what I have heard the Type Flex will be here in about 6 months.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

Mrciviclova is an unknown quantity at this point
update info:
the Tein SS will fit our cars.i got an email from Tein and they told me that the pillow upper mounts are optional too, but you have to use your stock mount rubbers. Here is what they said exactly:

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension Products. The SS Damper are ride height adjustable with 16 levels of damping adjustment. You will be able to adjust the stiffness of your ride by setting the damping settings to 0 clicks (the stiffest) to 16 clicks (the softest). The SS Damper was designed with a shorter, but larger diameter, shell case then your OEM suspension. Providing for more travel for the bump stop and more oil capacity. Thus giving you a better ride quality then just using your OEM shocks with a lowering spring.The pillow ball upper mounts are optional for the SS Damper, because it's an added feature of the SS to be compatible with the stock rubber upper mount.

Staff @ TEIN U.S.A. INC.
www.tein.com
Tel: 562-633-7387
Fax: 562-633-7291

The wierd thing they didnt tell me about the price or when it's coming out (think at the end of the summer). I have to get back to them on that!
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the update!
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

Mrciviclova is an unknown quantity at this point
you welcome, here is something i forgot to mention part of the update here:

they emailed again a while:

The SS Damper for the 2001+ Honda Civic will be available late this Summer to early Fall. No pricing as of yet. But they will also fit your 2002 Civic.

Tuan @ TEIN U.S.A. INC.

i should say that it will fit the new civic from 2001-2004!!!!!