Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Short Shifter Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Short Shifter Question

Will the khumosport bushings fit along with the revo technica short sifter system?? i want to buy the bushings but would like to get a short shifter system rather than the adaptor if it doesnt fit ,i think it will just making sure, they fit along with the DC adaptor right?
Old 04-20-2002
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard they will. I just ordered both about 3 hours ago. There was an earlier thread where someone had installed them both. The bushings have no effect on the DC adapter because it just attaches to the cable part of the shifter. The bushings replace the ones that actually mount the shifter to the floor.
Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
So you got the bushings and the Revo short shifter? im getting them today but wanted to do a little research on it
Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed both. Together they make a great fairley inexpensive mod.
Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

Decamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Get them both! The bushings are freaking awesome. I think everyone (with a 5 spd) should get these. I've got the kumosport bushings, solo short shift adapter and razo **** on shortest setting. The shifts are precise, smooth and solid. I might get the revo too or just cut down my stock shifter since i already have the solo.

It'd be a pain to rethread that shifter though. I can't justify $95 for a revo if its just gonna reduce shifter height for me. It'd be different if i didn't already have the solo.

What should I do guys?

Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the revo on the way. Are you saying that the revo reduces the throw by simply shortening the height of the shifter? My kumho bushings will be here tomorrow but I am going to wait to install them with the revo. I have never had a short-shifter before so am very interested to see the results.
Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

Decamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mbow, the revo shortens shifts by the shorter height of the shifter and a relocated pivot point for the cable to link to. So getting a revo is better than just cutting down your shifter, but i already have a solo short shift adapter that relocates the pivot point.

Definately get the bushings while your at it. I can't say enough good things about them!

Old 04-20-2002
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
Mbow - the REVO is shorter height wise than the stock one, but looking at the way the cables attach, it is different. The shift cables attach to the REVO, offset from the stock setup, just like they would mount to the DC or solo adapters, so it truly is a short shifter, not just a shorter shaft reducing the throw.
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the info! I actually checked out Revo's site and read up a little. I should have done that before I ordered the thing...DOH! Anyhow, all the praise you guys are giving those bushings and the shifter is making me hella anxious!
Old 04-21-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about

<< I can't justify $95 for a revo if its just gonna reduce shifter height for me. >>

As you mentioned, it does more than just reduce the height. It also has a relocated pivot point.

<< It'd be different if i didn't already have the solo. What should I do guys? >>

I have the Solo too and I'm going to get the Revo SS. I heard that one guy used both of them for an even greater relocation of the pivot point. The DC Sports SS adapter is smaller and has to actually be bent to work, but the Solo should fit. I can't wait to get my Revo SS to try this out. Then I'll have the RSX shift ****, the KumoSport bushings, the Solo SS adapter, and the Revo Technica SS. Joy!