Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Exp. Only 4-2-1 DC Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRAZEDMAN52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exp. Only 4-2-1 DC Headers

I want to put DC headers on my car, just 4-2-1 because I wont be drag racing it. I just want a fast great sounding car for everyday use. Here is what I have been told. I asked some people about putting headers on my car. They said it was a very bad idea, due to heating problems. I wanted to know what you Experts think about the subject. Two of the people I talked to about this said they wouldnt even talk to me about it because it will mess it up soo bad. What do you think? I love the sound of headers and I want them, but only if it doesnt screw my car up.
Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
first off, they only make one kind of header for our car (DC Sportrs that is...) and it is a 4-1....because it only replaces the top portion of the stock manifold, while retaining the stock downpipe....

your "friends" that are feeding you this info need to go kill themselves, they have no idea what they are talkin about.....the increase of heat under the hood due to a header is no where near significant enough to cause any problems, except maybe an increase in the temperature of the air entering the enigne, which could lower hp, but i dont see that being a MAJOR issue unless you have a short ram air intake system....

when u say that you want a fast car, well, then you need to sell your civic, or invest thousands of dollars into creating a custom turbocharger system, or an engine swap, our cars are SLOW, no matter how you put it

if you want a GREAT sounding car, i must inform you, pick up the dc sports header, along w/ the TCS cat back exhaust......you will love the sound!

peace
Old 04-20-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Ok i had the same question even went as far as talking to the dealer and having them install it. This is the deal if you have a lot of miles on the car replace the gasket if you put one on. If your not flooring it at every stop light or punching it all the time your heat porblem shouldnt be a problem unless the install was shotty. I had a friend who had a DC ceramic coated header put on his accord and it screwed up (after about 3 years) and heated his engine up bad to the point where he had to put on that heat wrap sh *t and made it look bad BUT he was racing it off the line for fun and showing off ALL the time so it was to be expected. I wouldnt worry about it i have one on my civic and i havent experienced any increase in temp. so i say go for it...
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

CRAZEDMAN52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for filling me in on this subject a little bit. I think I am going to do it now. You are all a bad influence on my wallet. LOL
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, mwwhonda is right , DC only makes a 4-2 top section header (please stop saying headers) in either stainless steal or ceramic coated. Another option is the HP Header which includes a high flow cat. It is a one piece (acutally not too sure on that..maybe 2) that replaces all the piping between your engine and up to and including the cat. Theorectially this is the best way to go. Only problem is that it is made of chrome! This could cause issues regarding the heat given off. Of corse your factory heat sheild is gone. It would be intersting to see how this affects people with Cold Air and Short Ram intakes compared to the stock intake.
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The DC Header is 4-1.
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

typo by me...meant 4-1...and of coruse I know this because I installed the ceramic DC header on my buddy's 2k1 coupe
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
how much were the dc sport header?? I could get them for 250 is that a good price??
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

250 is what my friend paid...at a local shop (acutally I paid...he gave me the money and I went for him hahaha)
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

SLeePeR012 is an unknown quantity at this point
250 is not bad at all. Around Chicago it's 275.00