Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

fixing cigarette burn

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jennaf is an unknown quantity at this point
fixing cigarette burn

I have two cigarette burn holes on the back seats of my honda and was just wondering how I should go about fixing them. Do those DIY auto repair kits work and still look good or should I just not risk wasting the 80 bucks that the kit would cost and instead just get it reupholstered? It's regular tan cloth.
Old 06-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fixing cigarette burn

try to find a junkyard replacement. the back seat bottom just pulls off in a few seconds, and then pushes back down to lock the two hooks. very simple to change. there is no way to fix a burn spot, even if you find the exact same fabric, its not easy to cut and paste a patch of it.
Old 07-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dash388 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fixing cigarette burn

I inadvertantly poked a hole in the back seat of my 2010 Honda LX 4-door. Arghhh! Just bought a Honda replacement seat cover for $122, including tax. Popped seat up by gently pulling up both front corners, about 1 foot from each end. Once loose, I used a 10mm socket wrench to loosen the clamp behind the back center left side of the seat to free up the unit. You can replace the seat cover using hog ring pliers and hog rings, which you may have to order over the internet. I'm just getting to that stage. The dealership wanted $275 in labor to make the switch. An upholstery shop said they'd put on the new cover for $50. I'm going to give it a try on my own.