Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Aftermarket Sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket Sunroof?

Hey,

I've got an 02 Civic coupe and I'm kind of regretting not getting a model with a sunroof. Has anybody installed a sunroof aftermarket? About how much do you think it would cost?

I don't need the electric one.. I just want one that pops open, pops closed.
Would the dealer even still install one on a car such as mine?

Or is it a bad idea?

Last edited by Awjvail; 08-08-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

03civiclxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Aftermarket Sunroof?

imo..i've been wanting to do that but its expesive to do it...idk how much it'll cost but i know its expensive...idk if anyone on here has done it but wait till someone posts.
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Hughey974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it all depends, Do you plan to keep the car forever or do you go through one every so many years? I myself have installed several roofs from popup to electric and i myself would never think of putting one in my own vehicle. Just way too many things to go wrong in a short time. I mean for the most part they are ok but if its not factory myself i dont like them. I just finished helping a good friend of mine fix his power roof that was installed on a 89 mustang saleen replica that was installed many years ago and the gasket was bad and guess what the company was no longer open. The headliner had to be completly recovered and it was just a mess over the years. Think about it very hard first and how much you really and i mean really will use it, we bought my wifes 04 civic ex new with the oem roof and she rarely...well never opens it. I like it if they are oem but to spend that kind of money after the fact, i would not but thats just my two cents.

If you do decide to have one installed you have to break the tip off of a screw and stick to the outside like it went all the way through to the outside of your car. People crap themselves when they see that
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

03civiclxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

^i was thinking the same thing, i like oem...i wouldnt want to put one in on my car if it doenst have it IMO...i dont have a sunroof on my civic but that'll be nice if mine has it...i would use it everyday....but yeah just think about it.
Old 08-09-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

From my understanding its hard to do and if done improperly can leak. That can get real ugly. If you want to get it done find a really, really good shop that has been around for a long, long time.
Old 08-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Buy an EX (or si if in canada)