Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

gc coil overs vs. eibach sport lines

Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lianjie is an unknown quantity at this point
gc coil overs vs. eibach sport lines

ok, sorry to bother everyone witht his, im just goin nuts and i cant figure out what i want.. narrowed it down to these 2.. ground control coil overs and eibach sport lines... if the heights are adjusted the same, about 1 and 3/4 inches, which ride would be rougher?? price doesn't really matter right now, only about 100 dollar difference... im also leaning toward coil overs for winter so i can raise the height back up...

also, does anyone have gc coil overs or sport lines and wish they had the other instead for any specific reasons?? your feedback is greatly appreciated, and i think im gonna make my decision after this.. thanks
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

black is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet questions, I am also awaiting answers on this one. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Blckcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
just get the ground controls..... the ebach springs arent thast good of a drop if ur looking to slam ur car plus u cant adjust them if u dont like the way u look.... with the gc's u can adjust them and see what u like..... personally id get the gc's and if they are to expensive look at the skunk 2's they are only 300
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

ThUgGiNAzN is an unknown quantity at this point
yur juss paying more to adjust the height of yur car and everytyme u raise or lower yur car u have to get an alignment
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
- well, i think the ride will always suck if you get coilovers. plus it also depends on the way you drive over speed bumps and take turns.
- imo, get the coilovers just for the simple fact that you can adjust them to fit your needs.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

im not really looking for that slammed look.. just low enough to eliminate that huge gap.. so theres still atleast a 1" gap
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

cvc2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< yur juss paying more to adjust the height of yur car and everytyme u raise or lower yur car u have to get an alignment >>

exactly! alignment is quite costly unless you are rich or you can do it urself.. for ride comfort.. i was on GC for 2k miles.. and then i switched to H&R sport.. i felt a dramatic differance between coilovers and springs. okay think about this.. coilover sleeves.. ride height adjustment.. 0-3inch.. so you are on a 3" spring at all times.. if you slam ur car all the way... ur on 3" drop... if you raise your car.. ur on 3" spring. the spring is just raised to a differant height. yes.. the ride will be better if you raised it becuase you will have more shock travel for your struts. which is better? H&R Sport is almost the same drop height as i recall. H&R Sport is 1.3" drop. Eibach Sportline is 1.4" drop. i dont think a 0.1" would be a significant differance in ride.. but the brand might play a role becuase they might be manufactured differently and the might use differant material. It was between day and night once i went back to springs. the ride is almost like stock IMO, and the handleing is good. the GC had much better handling becuase it was at a higher spring rate for such a short coil. IMO, i will never go back to coilover sleeves unless i am using koni yellow struts. koni yellow struts have a shorter shock rod for increase shock travel once your car is lowered. the true coilover system is what i have next in mind. maybe the H&R Threaded Strut coilovers.. but they run about $1100. i was comparing the cost between the two. (approx $900)Ground Control w/ Koni Yellows or (approx $1100)H&R Threaded strut Coilover system. okay.. here is the reason why i would choose H&R Coilover system over GC w/ koni yellows.
1. Koni yellows require your OEM upper strut mount.. that means you need to disassemble your stock suspension
2. H&R threaded coilover system are desiged for eachother... both the springs and the struts.
3. If i went with GC w/ koni yellows... i cannot swap back to my stock set at up home unless i remove my OEM upper strut mount and compress my stock suspension with the same OEM upper strut mount. thats a lot of work compared to a straight swap.

I would pay the extra $200 more anyday for H&R Threaded strut coilover system becuase of those factors that i have mentioned.

hope this helps. im saving up the big bucks for the H&R Coilover system. if some1 has tried them out... i wanna hear some feedback on the ride quality. thanks.

oh yeah... i got the quote of the H&R Threaded strut coilover system from SHox.com
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

<< im not really looking for that slammed look.. just low enough to eliminate that huge gap.. so theres still atleast a 1" gap >>

1 inch gap.. im on H&R sport.. i have about... 1.5 finger gap on stock wheels.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

andypanda is an unknown quantity at this point
i have ground controls on my 2k2 civic and i have around 2 to 3 finger gaps between the tire and the fender i didnt want to drop it too low
because the people who installed it told me not to lower it to low because it will blow my stock shocks they said wait a couple of months so the shocks can get used to the lowered springs
i paid $335 for mine and i dont regret it at all i use to have neuspeed race springs on my old 99 civic which only had like less then a finger gap on each side but it looked nice i had sratches on the bottom of my exhaust my front and even my transmission it sucks cause u cant adjust the springs and once they are on ur stuck with that same height unless u want to keep switching springs which doesnt make sense
but with gc coilovers u can adjust it anytime
i would go with the ground control coilovers they even come with eibach springs u wont regret it
do not get skunks 2 i heard those were bouncy as hell
but with any springs if u lower it too low they all will be bouncy
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

andypanda is an unknown quantity at this point
any car u lower alignment will always be off by alittle
even if u get a alignment its just a waste of money that is my opinion
ur wheels are probably gonna butterfly so alignment aint gonna help
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

<< i have ground controls on my 2k2 civic and i have around 2 to 3 finger gaps between the tire and the fender i didnt want to drop it too low
because the people who installed it told me not to lower it to low because it will blow my stock shocks they said wait a couple of months so the shocks can get used to the lowered springs
i paid $335 for mine and i dont regret it at all i use to have neuspeed race springs on my old 99 civic which only had like less then a finger gap on each side but it looked nice i had sratches on the bottom of my exhaust my front and even my transmission it sucks cause u cant adjust the springs and once they are on ur stuck with that same height unless u want to keep switching springs which doesnt make sense
but with gc coilovers u can adjust it anytime
i would go with the ground control coilovers they even come with eibach springs u wont regret it
do not get skunks 2 i heard those were bouncy as hell
but with any springs if u lower it too low they all will be bouncy
>>

less then a finger gap.. i think you had the race springs. not the Sport.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

<< any car u lower alignment will always be off by alittle
even if u get a alignment its just a waste of money that is my opinion
ur wheels are probably gonna butterfly so alignment aint gonna help
>>

alignment waste of money? changing tires frequently is a waste of money. yes it may butterfly, but most of the time it isnt. so keep ur wheels rolling level. save up all that tire money for a camber kit and get your car aligned properly
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

ok thanks everyone for the feedback, i think i've finally come to a conclusion... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

so what are you getting????
Old 04-04-2002
Registered!!

the eibach sport lines
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!