Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conspiracy Of 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Body Kits

i have a question with body kits and was thinking of buying one. are they difficult to put on, and what are the tools needed to do so. i talked to some people about it but not 100% sure on what i am doing
Old 04-16-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Body Kits

*cough* ricer *cough*

anyways, if u get a good brand body kit, you will not have to mod/mold it much.

if u get the ebay crap, theres gonna be lot of work that gonna be needed. especially when mounting them.
Old 04-16-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

lip kit
Old 04-16-2007

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ahha yea, no hard feelings bro. but body kits are....rice. period. ESPECIALLY because u have a 6th gen.

i say u just get an oem lip or a type R or soemthing...

ur car looks beautiful the way it is rite now...ur rims go really well with ur car...so please save the beauty n get a lip kit.
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough

^ +1
Old 04-16-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

make sure the body kit you get had a lot of mesh...it lets more air flow to your motor through the front bumper and you will need plenty on the sides for that aerodynamics. Also make sure your rear has openings for dual exhaust so you can have matching ricer pipes.
Old 04-16-2007

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidnightCivic
make sure the body kit you get had a lot of mesh...it lets more air flow to your motor through the front bumper and you will need plenty on the sides for that aerodynamics. Also make sure your rear has openings for dual exhaust so you can have matching ricer pipes.
Old 04-16-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

speedbumps are asian. they eat ricy body kits
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

filipinoguy05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man so much hate... Let the guy do what he wants to HIS car. Just because some ricers give a bad name to the body kit doesn't mean anyone with a body kit is a ricer.
Old 04-16-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

i was supporting him...suggestions dont hurt
Old 04-16-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Body kits are a committment when it comes to installation and afterwards. you have two choices, you can purchase the kit and have it painted the same color as your stock car, or you can strip all the paint of the entire car and paint it whatever color you want. I'm doing the second one. just as previously mentioned before, the quality of the kit determines how easy the install is. If you purchase a high quality kit such as Bomex or Kamanari, then the install will be easier. If you by a kit off of e-bay or bodykits.com or something along those lines, it'll be harder to install. you'll have to trim excess fiberglass and possibly fill small blemishes etc. It takes much patience to get a clean install. Another obstacle you may encounter which I came across when intalling my fenders on my car right now, the fenders were warped, so a great deal of pressure was needed to get it to fit right. (Notice I said, easier because body kits are always a pain to install.) I've installed two full body kits and a single set of fenders in my lifetime. If you are going to prepare the body for paint keep in mind it's loads of work. That's why it cost like 2000 plus for good prep and good paint (the whole car.) If you don't mind driving around a crappy looking car for a while and want to install it yourself, here is my reccomendation: Purchase a kit from a place like www.aerotrends.com or www.extremedimentions.com the quality of the parts will be good, but the price will be ok too. take a weekend to rip off your stock bumpers, fit on the kit and make sure it's prepped correctly. Then rip the kit off and send it to get painted. When you get them back put them on and enjoy. Here are some links for doing your own prepwork:
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...8&iSubCat=1436

http://www.gmtips.com/3rd-degree/dox...nt/body-01.htm

http://www.automedia.com/Paint/Secrets/res20001001p2/1
Old 04-16-2007

no i'm not all for a body kit, it was a thought, it's either a body kit or an ecu and a exhaust system. i'm undecided
Old 04-16-2007

i have a question how do know what gen. a car is
Old 04-16-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

54321r will become famous soon enough54321r will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Of 1
i have a question how do know what gen. a car is
^^ think its on the main page as well under the title it says the year but im too lazy to check
Old 04-17-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
body kits are....rice. period.
really? i beg to differ. is my little brother's supra rice?

what about hayz's car?

not all body kits are ricey.
Old 04-17-2007
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a ricer! I could careless of what other people think. As long as I am winning money and trophies at car shows its all good.

I have to agree with Rennen not all body kits are "rice". Yes there are a lot on the market that are extreme and do give a bad name to body kits. There are several Civic's that have body kits and have been pulled off nicely.
Old 04-17-2007

^thats a supra... n yes, thats rice... its got too much stuff going on... just because its a nice car (a supra, period), doesnt mean it cant be riced out.

but i admit, that civic is nice looking...but still rice.... nice rice =]
...one that id eat =]

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 04-17-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Well, everything is rice to someone out there. I just stick with what I like and don't care what anyone thinks.
Old 04-17-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=sl33pyriceboi;4176111]^thats a supra... n yes, thats rice... its got too much stuff going on... just because its a nice car (a supra, period), doesnt mean it cant be riced out.

i like how riced out cars whoop JDM "looking" cars.
Old 04-17-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
^thats a supra... n yes, thats rice... its got too much stuff going on... just because its a nice car (a supra, period), doesnt mean it cant be riced out.

but i admit, that civic is nice looking...but still rice.... nice rice =]
...one that id eat =]
so what is your definition of "rice". people like you try too hard to be cool and label everything you see as rice when you have no idea what you are talking about. and what do u mean too much going on? u mean the bumper, sideskirts, and rims he has? cuz everything else on the body is stock.

this is rice

this is not

anyways, since im a mod now, im supposed to be "nice". so im going to refrain from instigating anything.

Last edited by Rennen; 04-17-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rennen
so what is your definition of "rice". people like you try too hard to be cool and label everything you see as rice when you have no idea what you are talking about. and what do u mean too much going on? u mean the bumper, sideskirts, and rims he has? cuz everything else on the body is stock.

this is rice

this is not

anyways, since im a mod now, im supposed to be "nice". so im going to refrain from instigating anything.
That Supra is super nice looking I think anyone here would trade there civic for that ride!
Old 04-17-2007

if they dont they are probably retarded
Old 04-17-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

The Supra is the orange car with the blower on it right?
Old 04-17-2007

yea the poser mobile lol
Old 04-17-2007
New Mod on the Block

Originally Posted by MURDOCK
That Supra is super nice looking I think anyone here would trade there civic for that ride!
700 rwhp on pump gas. he let me drive it... its sooooo fast.
Old 04-17-2007

those cars are just insane
Old 04-22-2007

yeah i would trade my car in for the sh*t mobile, i mean look at it a carboard blower who would not want it. nice paint job orange and gold
Old 04-22-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rennen

this is rice

this is not

i like how only one headlight is up... sry... off topic
Old 04-22-2007
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough

well first off, if ur going show type and bringing ur car to shows and win trophies, get girls attention, and become a head turner car..yes, go for the kit and do what people do to their cars for car shows....but if ur just going around streets and what not, i suggest not too ...it all depends what u wanna do w/ your car ...alot of people in here have bad reputation on leaving comments like its the end of the world....u suggest something, they will come back w/ a nasty remark....its like , whats the point of getting a suggestion if they're going to make nasty remark in this site...

put it this way, u go around w/ ur car w/ a body kit and dropped and all done up nice along w/ a stock car w/ rims, lip next to yours...u'll be surprise how many will comment on your car instead of the other one...

get me wrong, i have a rice out turboed show car like what people in here would say, and im proud of it ...at least i get trophies and bitches and a broken necks everytime i drive ...and also was choosen to be in a movie ...=) ...

Last edited by ill02civic; 04-22-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Body Kits