Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Carbon fiber "___?___"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Carbon fiber "___?___"

What parts would you like to see made in carbon fiber for our cars? (7th gen) or otherwise? I'm gathering information for future reference...

I'll start:

I'd like to see a fuel pump panel in carbon fiber for our cars.
I'd also like to see a real carbon fiber side view mirrors, not those ghetto fake carbon ones.

what do you think would be nice in carbon?
Old 03-02-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
carbon fiber pillars would be awesome, door sils, sideskirts and rear lip
Old 03-02-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
· Center consoles

· Pillars (all, including pod types)

· Steering column top with pods

· Engine dress up parts, like reservoir cover batter covers and fuse covers

· Plastic on the side of stock seats facing the doors

· Overlays for the cracking black window trim (typical issue with Hondas)

· Door inserts (no more carpet)

· Roof liners (both 2dr/4dr with and with out sunroof)

· Outer gauge bezel surround

Here is some custom stuff I've seen:

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 03-02-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
carbon fiber roof insert
Old 03-02-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
DAMN, that is just so much carbon fiber, it seems like overboard to me.

Punking- that gauge cluster in the carbonfiber dash, which is that?
Old 03-02-2007

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TRIZ
DAMN, that is just so much carbon fiber, it seems like overboard to me.

Punking- that gauge cluster in the carbonfiber dash, which is that?
That is a custom fitted RSX, Type R cluster, That belonged to the Member Kazell. I believe he sold all of mods years ago.
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
where can i get the innner pillars frotn nad back like that from
Old 03-02-2007

Originally Posted by HwNpRyDe_CiViC
where can i get the innner pillars frotn nad back like that from
At a place where they will custom make it for you.
And no, I don't know a place.
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
i know kazell's was all custom, but were all those actual cf or cf wrapped
Old 03-02-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
the dash is actuall carbon fiber!^

Id like to have a carbon fiber center colum
Old 03-02-2007
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
I use to have the A, B and C pillar in real carbon fiber for my sedan but I sold them to another member. it really stands out alot especially since I had tan interior
Old 03-02-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I used to car about this stuff... 2 years ago. My how times have changed
Old 03-02-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
I want a carbon fiber roof wing, like the tsunami one but in carbon fiber
Old 03-02-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

if you go to www.topshopheadliners.com they custom make CF components, they can wrap them or make them from scratch
Old 03-02-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
you can wrap those interior panels yourself. you just need some resin and carbon fiber sheets and patience.
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
im really liking the cf dash, too bad theres no one that sells them
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to have the pillars and some other interior parts for sure if they were the right price.
Old 03-02-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
damn those CF pixs made me have like a Cf orgasm...hahah
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
04-05 carbon fiber lip,eyelids, and grill
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

03civic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i emailed that place and asked for quotes so ill let yall know asap
Old 03-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. That's a lot of fiber's! That's cool though. Here's another wierd one, I'd like to see carbon armrest.
Old 03-02-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Thanks punking type R and not type S huh?

How about carbon fiber seatbelts and trunk hinges
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
ne one got a diy for that?
Old 03-03-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Thanks punking type R and not type S huh?

How about carbon fiber seatbelts and trunk hinges
That's funny, because I was seriously contemplating how to make a seatbelt with the carbon fiber look the other day. The only way I could think would be to take an existing seatbelt, and sew a polyurethane/clear rubber saturated strip of carbon fiber on top of it. I don't think you could ever use real carbon fiber strands for a seat belt, given that the individual tensile strength is much lower then that of a tightly woven nylon belt or other material.
Old 03-03-2007
Premium Member

There is a such thing as carbon fiber cloth. Work your needle. Would be pretty easy for the fronts, back would be a few more bolts to access. But really, if you wanted to cover the nylon in c/f material, it wouldnt be hard. I'm sure you could figure out the buckels

but for clarification, it was rsx type r, or rsx type s?
Old 03-05-2007

tunerjones can only hope to improve
better carbon fiber lips. front, rear, and side skirts. and rear roof spoilers.
Old 03-06-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
DIY wrapping CF:

http://www.diyautomods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

roll_outz is an unknown quantity at this point
for me i'd like to have 7thgen carbon fiber civic. I mean the whole car is Cf..
Old 03-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by roll_outz
for me i'd like to have 7thgen carbon fiber civic. I mean the whole car is Cf..
That would be pretty cool. I was thinking about this, but it's nice to have a pearliscent razberry color too.
Old 03-07-2007
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
I know I've seen an R34 carbon fiber kit, but I can't find it any more, along with Z3 fenders and doors. I'm really considering doing a 3/4 carbon fiber car but I can't find any of the stuff anymore... I guess the CF shortage is causing a whole lotta problems....

But yeah I'd love to see a slip on CF dash similar to the fiberglass 1 they were selling on ebay a while back, and definately full door panels.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber "___?___"