Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Bout to spend 9G's, need ur opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PeArlHoNdA is an unknown quantity at this point
Bout to spend 9G's, need ur opinions

Ok Ladies AND Gents, im going for show on my car most of all and i have ideas of what i want alrdy but what some input from u peeps as well.

Engine wise all im doin is intake/headers/ and i want dual exhaust (just think it looks very nice) Im tryin to stay very clean on engine cause i dont wanna void the warranty....not yet atleast. Rims im lookin at the Volk TE 37's white. My car is Pearlblue coupe for FYI. Having a white/blue combo. Ive done have the interior lights blue alrdy but also wanna know which indiglo gauges i should get. Want the gauges white of course with more a blue glow than a green glow.

Body kit, its iffy, waitin to see the skyline kit, i also like the evo's different look and im REALLY waitin for the Black Widow 2. Im unsure on the wing, i want the brackets to be centered more towards the middle of the trunk and of course wing will be white.

Audio wise im punching things around but if u have ideas plz let me hear them, MANY of u r way more knowledgeable than i am and i want the best but i dont know what it is.

I appologize if this is unclear to anyone but i dont know exactly what im talking about so putting into words is hard. Id appreciate any/all info u have and ill post more details if more r needed. Thx

PeArLhOnDa
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

sicsol is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of the TE37s (a lot of people have them), I would recomend the new buddy club wheels. They are extremely light, come in white and gunmetal(would be my choice) and not too many people have them. 16's would be a good size, just make sure you slam the car.

just an opinion,
good luck

sicsol

Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

havent seen those wheels so ill chk them out. I have like 15 diff rims written down but the VOLK's were leading the way but u do have a point on them being common but that happens too ya know. Thx for the input, ill chk the wheels now.

PeArLhOnDa
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

randdmotorsports.com has pics of them!

sicsolx
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
go find a good stereo install shop and have em make you custom kick panels for component speakers, upgrade speakers to mb quart premiums, get a good deck with blue lights to match your interior lighting, get a custom fiberglass painted sub enclosure for subs, heck if you're going all the way, yank out the rear seats and build a sub/speaker wall there! Get a equalizer with built in mic to customize interior sound (pioneer has one), sound deaden everything with dynamat or similar product (especially the rear deck), as far as amps go, there's so many good ones out there it's hard to choose. then you'll need to get a high output alternator to run everything. for subs i'd go with jl audio, mtx, or cerwin vega. there's my 2 cents.
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

and then buy another motor to pull all that weight. just kiddin, but all that stuff will really slow the car down.

sicsolx
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

galaga3 is an unknown quantity at this point
aren't the buddy club wheels the same as the kosei k1?

here is a pic of the k1s im pretty sure they are the same as the buddy club p1s

If you have the money i suggest getting these.
Advan RG
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

yes i know it will add more wait but at this time im not trying to run 13's anyway, know what i mean? if i wanna run fast id strip it but i like my car and i dont want just a steering wheel and some roll bars....of course id run 11's then but wouldnt like it lol.

Id dont think it will slow me down to bad

PeArLhOnDa
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

whitey is an unknown quantity at this point
in the area of wheels I would go with somehting different te-37 are everywhere these days, htere are a few new volks out i would check them out if your not to worried about weight axis is making some pretty nice wheels. sounds is really preference but if you go the money spend it. JL audio is my personal fave for nice deep sound, if you want more clear sound go OZ or polk , HU is really preference so thats up to you of course custom kick panels and boxes im waiting for a nice body kit to hit the market they will get better as time goes....man 9 Gs my head is flooded with possibilites
good luck
Old 03-19-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like you have too much money on your hands. If I were you I'de spend more time dreaming about what YOU want to get instead of consulting other people's opinions. Just stick around. Read everything on this forum. Browse the net for parts. You know, get some ideas yourself. Then go out and buy it.

Hell, if I had unlimited money I could only buy a limited number of things 'cause I wouldn't have thought of what to buy yet. I know where you're coming from, but I don't think I'de ask anyone for help just yet. Just take your time and do it right. If you have any specific questions, then I'de be more than happy to help.

[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

Greg is an unknown quantity at this point
buy everything you see. I did. I have went through a little over $10,000. now 3 body kits, 3 sets of wheels, 2 exhaust and a bunch of other stuff later I have a car that I'm happy with. I'm now in the process of doing all custom interior. hopefully its done buy mothers day. Thats my first big show
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
If it was me....I would spend some money and get a custom air ride suspension.
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

I know what u mean Grey, trust me ive known about this for bout 3-4 months and its happening in the next week or so. Ive searched and SEARCHED but like i said, the wheels/body kit/ and stuff r what im gonna pick i know this, but like i have no clue say for exhaust/headers/intake....im just stumped and im lookin for opinions on those. The wing to btw....still lookin at some as we speak.

For instance i read somewhere someone talkin bout L7's, i think these r speakers but hell if i know but they said they r badass and its somethin i would seekout and lookup. Im very UNknowledgeable bout this stuff and people mention things ive never heard of which allows me to find them and see whats up. Thats y i posted this thread.

BTW thx everyone for posting so far, im writing this stuff down to check out, and if u have links to these sites that be cool but if not thats fine ill search em up. Once again i appreciate it all.

PeArLhOnDa

If only Mississippi would get a sweet import shop/garage.....but nooooooooooooooooooo!

Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Pearl - What's up! Jackson, Mississippi here. I feel your pain about an import shop. Looks like I'm going to have to drive to Louisiana, Atlanta, or even Dallas just to get my springs and camber kits installed. As far as stereo equipment, I can help you out there. Drop me a note at dmullen@jam.rr.com and lets talk. We need to get together soon, not too many of us Southern boys around these parts.
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
thats tite that you have the much to spend on your car!! The only thing that stood out to me is the white wing that you mentiond. If it were me with a blue civic, i would paint the wing and body kit all blue, and get white rims with a white window tint. That would be hella sweet!!! Thats just me.
Old 03-20-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI - L7 refers to the Kicker Solobaric L7 Square subwoofers ("the square 10 hits harder than a round 12)

Man, 9 G's to hook up your whip? Can I be yo best friend? Seriously though, make sure the body kit you pick is polyurethane, NOT FIBERGLASS, make sure you look around for the best equipment you can find (Crutchfield.com has nice components, but I don't know about their prices), and if I were you, I'd buy everything off the net and just find a good installer to put everything in custom. JUST MAKE SURE YOU'RE CAREFUL ABOUT WHO YOU BUY FROM ON THE NET; PEOPLE WILL DEFINITELY ATTEMPT TO KILL YOUR JOY WITH SCAMS FOR YA DOUGH, PLAYA!!!

But on the real, I definitely can recommend MB Quartz or Infinity Kappa Speakers for your interior (6 1/2's in front, 6x9's rear, if I'm not mistaken), and if you've got the dough, go for a component set up in front (a seperate tweeter and midrange combo, with crossover: see Crutchfield.com), and a 2 or 3 way speaker in rear (Crutchfield again). You can have your components mounted in a custom kick panel enclosure. I'd add a SERIOUS head unit (Clarion, Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer are good to look at), maybe even an LCD screen with a DVD player and TV tuner (Kenwood makes a head unit that includes all of the above plus a touch screen, for around $2500:shady[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG].

Subwoofers? I'm partial to JL audio (JLaudio.com, playa)and Kicker Solobarics (see above), and I like the sound of 12's personally. They hit deep, but if you want tighter bass, go with 10's. Most people go with 2 of em. I'm doing 3, and I've seen as many as 4, but it's your decision. Rockford Fosgate, Infinity, and Cerwin Vega make nice subs as well.

Go ahead and have your subbox custom built for YOUR car, with plexiglass, neon lights, the works. check out www.autosoundmag.com for ideas (competition level sh%t).

Last, make sure you leave enough for your paint job. I don't know if you plan to leave your car in it's stock suit, but there are obviously alot of blue civics out there. You could custom color it for that "one of a kind" type thing.

Just my thoughts, playa. Do I know what I'm talking 'bout? Idunno, YOU be the judge. . .[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Yea Vizyun im leavin it the stock blue but im gonna splash another color on there, noy sure the design but definately somethin unique of course. And thx for all the info as well, thats what i was really lookin for cause i know jack...its very sad, lol. Never was into cars till i got my civic and coupled with Fast and the Furious...the addiction was quick.

Ill email u tonite SQ, we r VERY lonely, but i heard there may be a tight Asian shop down here, gonna chk it Friday. Ill prolly do the DVD playa bit at a later time, could do alot more to the car instead of hittin 2500 right off the bat. BUT then again i may do what i intended and have that much left over and do it so who knows.

I like the white myself for the wing, i think it REALLY compliments the blue, i have a touch of white in the front middle and the wing would be the back. In the next week or so i start ordering stuff, and i appreciate everyones help and opinions. If u ever wanna know ANYTHING bout paintball lemme know....i know stuff there LOL

PeArLhOnDa
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

btw whats a real good dual exhaust system to get? i dont know of anything else to ask pretaining to this so if i need to be more technical lemme know plz.

PeArLhOnDa
Old 03-21-2002
Registered!!

what r the best indiglo gauges? i THINK i saw the EL Indiglo and thought they looked really tight but i want the nice blue glo not that earthly green, know what i mean?

PeArLhOnDa