Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Replace Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Replace Headliner

My three biggest complaints about the Civic when I inherited it were the crappy vents, no rear amber turn signal, and the felt headliner. Now I have noticed that the headliner has a worn spot above the driver's pillar where the sunvisor has rubbed it raw. What options are there to replace the headliner? I have seen some people have refabriced their headliners. Are there any precut kits available? My main concern is that I drive an EX, and dealing with the humps of the headliner and the moonroof may make this too annoying for me to consider. But the little hole showing the yellow foam is mocking me! What options do I have?
Old 09-07-2006
Registered!!

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
What i've done is buy a large piece of cloth, in my case some black velour at walmart for like 15 bucks and a few cans of high quality spray adhesive and just recarpeted the liner. The cloth is somewhat stretchy so it contours the headliner nicely.
Old 09-07-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
I was considering this as well, I paid $18 for a can of very good spray adhesive. Just don't spray too thick or it'll seep through the material and harden a white colour.
Old 09-07-2006
Registered!!

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah it sucks when you spray to much and it seeps through had that happen on my door panel. had to do it all over again.
Old 09-08-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
So I assume you took the headliner out. Is it easy to remove from the car?
Old 09-09-2006
Registered!!

civic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura about
yea wondeirng the same thing. how hard is it to take the headliner off. any DIY?
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

I was also thinking this weekend, my last Civic had the rubbery plastic type headliner. Is there any way to replace the fabric with a similar plastic type material? It was so easy to clean (many nephews in the back seat) and it always looked nice.
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

BRED civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I would also LOVE to have a black headliner.... how do we go about removing it?